Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Realistic comparison between a heavy duty copier vs multiple light duty copier

I visited shops in nearby cities (I live in the town) and noticed old and large bulky copiers still spitting papers out day in day out. I asked several business owners and sales agents about business strategy. Guess what, they told me to purchase brand new models from KM, ricoh and kyocera. However when you look at their shops, it was those old canon IR 5000/6000 series happily chugging along. Their brand new KMs were just sitting in the corner waiting and waiting... they were relegated to special jobs. Then the noisy inkjets were used for specialty color copies, like 5 to 7 of them. One day it dawned on me that their advises were exactly the things they did NOT do. They're trying to hide the real strategy they were using. 0.004 USD per page is really really hard to beat.

To be fair, maybe the customers in our area dictates the price and quality that is why the setup here might be different in your area.

@copyman, in my area KM only offer biz C658/558/458. I believe they are the successor of 654e/554e. I might give them a call once this COVID issue ends. Thanks

Re: Realistic comparison between a heavy duty copier vs multiple light duty copier

Quote Originally Posted by Bulakdot View Post
    I visited shops in nearby cities (I live in the town) and noticed old and large bulky copiers still spitting papers out day in day out. I asked several business owners and sales agents about business strategy. Guess what, they told me to purchase brand new models from KM, ricoh and kyocera. However when you look at their shops, it was those old canon IR 5000/6000 series happily chugging along. Their brand new KMs were just sitting in the corner waiting and waiting... they were relegated to special jobs. Then the noisy inkjets were used for specialty color copies, like 5 to 7 of them. One day it dawned on me that their advises were exactly the things they did NOT do. They're trying to hide the real strategy they were using. 0.004 USD per page is really really hard to beat.

To be fair, maybe the customers in our area dictates the price and quality that is why the setup here might be different in your area.

@copyman, in my area KM only offer biz C658/558/458. I believe they are the successor of 654e/554e. I might give them a call once this COVID issue ends. Thanks
    A machine like the Canon pro 1000 would for sure have a place in a print shop for what it adds. That and 36" Roland vinyl printers.
    Look for an ex-lease C554e for a good all rounder. Needs to be on contract or in really good PM condition.

I look for them between 300K and 600K trying to find them just after proper service. New fuser and transfer belt is what you are looking for.
    Whatever

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Look for an ex-lease C554e for a good all rounder. Needs to be on contract or in really good PM condition.

I look for them between 300K and 600K trying to find them just after proper service. New fuser and transfer belt is what you are looking for.
    you know on this model new fuser and transfer belt equals to almost brand new machine
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    you know on this model new fuser and transfer belt equals to almost brand new machine

Jip the reason I only buy 1 out of every 10 machines I go and look at.
    Whatever

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Realistic comparison between a heavy duty copier vs multiple light duty copier

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    That is why I also hand pick low meter off lease but when I do replace the transfer belt or fuser I rebuild with aftermarket China parts. Both easy to rebuild and save a lot of $$$. Been getting same or better yields as OEM new units!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Realistic comparison between a heavy duty copier vs multiple light duty copier

@copyman, in my area KM only offer biz C658/558/458. I believe they are the successor of 654e/554e. I might give them a call once this COVID issue ends. Thanks[/QUOTE]

See if you can find low meter off lease C654e / C754e. They are still available from my wholesalers. OEM consumable supplies will be cheaper on these older models, ebay etc. Also easy to work on for the end user in print shop, like changing image units, fuser unit, transfer belt, paper feed rollers (removing paper drawers and reaching up inside to replace just the rollers, NOT removing complete PF unit), etc etc

I want to thank everyone in this thread for your inputs. Appreciate it..