Technician

Lanier LD365C / Ricoh MPC6501

Good afternoon
    I am looking at a Lanier LD365C with a service code sc534. I believe it crosses to a Ricoh MPC6501. I cannot find a service manual online. Can anyone offer information on this machine? The code appears to be a fan trouble code but that's about all I can find out.

Thanks,
    Chuck

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Lanier LD365C / Ricoh MPC6501

Search is your friend:
    mpc 6501
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtcchuck View Post
    Good afternoon
    I am looking at a Lanier LD365C with a service code sc534. I believe it crosses to a Ricoh MPC6501. I cannot find a service manual online. Can anyone offer information on this machine? The code appears to be a fan trouble code but that's about all I can find out.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    Don't you mean that you cannot find it for free? Service-manuals.net has it for $12.99.

RICOH Aficio MPC6501, Aficio MPC7501 Series Service Manual – Service-Manual.net

How long has it been since you replaced filters?

Technician

I did try searching but for some reason it wont let me go past the first page of the search.

Correct, I could not find it for free. We are a Kyocera dealer and the Lanier machine was given to our Emergency Management office. I thought id try to help them out. I was just looking for a little help for a 1 time service. thanks for the help

Retired 10,000+ Posts

You are asking for many headaches helping your Emergency Management office with this particular model machine. Unless all bulletins have been applied and the machine setup properly, this model is known as a toner belching beast. After making sure that all spewed toner is removed from the Development Unit, PCU and ITB and the ID sensor assembly, apply the SP changes in the attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

Thank you very much for the info. I will give them the heads up about the headaches associated with this model of machine.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Good afternoon

Thanks,
    Chuck
    This is quite common on this machine most likely paper stuck in fan behind main unit you pull out
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Thank you very much for the info. I will give them the heads up about the headaches associated with this model of machine.
    Once YOU start helping them with the machine, the headaches will be YOURS. You will be married to the machine until they decide to replace it. If they are not happy with the LD365C while you are "helping them out" your chances are greatly reduced as far as selling them their next machine.