Technician

Question Canon vs. Kyocera - 35/40ppm color - Does Kyo come close?

Apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong sub-forum, but I'd be super grateful for any insight.

I have an IT client, a 10 user office, looking for a managed A3/tabloid 35-40ppm color box. Very low volume (5K/month). Due to limitations in our area, they're looking at two providers (service and reputation equal in our eyes), one quoting a Canon C5535i III, the other a Kyocera 3553ci. I known KM is also a top choice, just not available to us currently. Price is very similar, and less of a concern than the right fit.

Client is not Active Directory based (yet), so PinPoint Scan would be nice (does Canon have an equivalent?), but software features are of course a distant concern if there is too much of a disparity in reliability or image quality (they print a lot of blueprints).

What say you guys? I appreciate any guidance and perspectives in advance. Thank you!
    Last edited by OutcomeTechnology; 05-28-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Canon vs. Kyocera - 35/40ppm color - Does Kyo come close?

Re: Canon vs. Kyocera - 35/40ppm color - Does Kyo come close?

Quote Originally Posted by OutcomeTechnology View Post
    Apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong sub-forum, but I'd be super grateful for any insight.

I have an IT client, a 10 user office, looking for a managed A3/tabloid 35-40ppm color box. Very low volume (5K/month). Due to limitations in our area, they're looking at two providers (service and reputation equal in our eyes), one quoting a Canon C5535i III, the other a Kyocera 3553ci. I known KM is also a top choice, just not available to us currently. Price is very similar, and less of a concern than the right fit.

Client is not Active Directory based (yet), so PinPoint Scan would be nice (does Canon have an equivalent?), but software features are of course a distant concern if there is too much of a disparity in reliability or image quality (they print a lot of blueprints).

What say you guys? I appreciate any guidance and perspectives in advance. Thank you!
    New Kyocera range is very nice great parts life and very good copy quality has new smart panel.
    The Canon just a newer 52xx series parts don't last as long out the two Kyocera for me
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Technician

Thanks for the feedback, Mark. I really appreciate it.

Kyocera color has always been poor quality
    The only good color kyocera label was when konica made some of there color machines.
    Kyocera color has always had quality problems from 1 copy to 100. Gradation trouble on full color prints and streaking was always a issue for kyocera. Canon and Konica have excellent color machines.

Good luck test sample of what the customer will run on both brands and run 50 to 100 copies on each.

Technician

Thanks, bsm. That's a shame. Would you include the current __53ci models in that observation? I appreciate the share.

Quote Originally Posted by OutcomeTechnology View Post
    Thanks, bsm. That's a shame. Would you include the current __53ci models in that observation? I appreciate the share.
    I haven't seen them other than setting them up to print and scan. Would test them on the a sample of work from your customer. Or you can test run full color pages and look at the results. The dealer I was with last sold Canon Konica and Kyocera but almost all color was Canon or Konica.

Technician

Roger that; I'll try with both if/when possible. Thanks again.

Technician

Update on this. Client went Canon. Mostly due to a faster, cheaper, simpler proposal by the MSP, but perhaps an inadvertent win nonetheless.

Thanks to all who contributed.