Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Vacuum Cleaner - need suggestions

Re: Vacuum Cleaner - need suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    have you got amazon link. i cant find it and in australia best i can see is $700 dollary-doos
    That could be because Australia has 230V 50 cycle AC whereas SCS 497AJN Electronic Service Vacuum is 120V. Here's the link though. It appears to have gone up a little over night. It's now $289.86
    SCS 497AJN Electronic Service Vacuum, 120 VAC (Replaces 497AJM): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
    One thing, it does not show any attachments other than the hose. Try searching copier service vacuum and look at any Atrix vacuums that show up.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Wonder how those spammers find so old threads and push them up.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

i lit 13 candles and chanted the words in that post and now my sister-in-law is no longer paralyzed, the dog no longer pees on the rug and my hair is growing back.
    Thanks WEas2!!
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    i lit 13 candles and chanted the words in that post and now my sister-in-law is no longer paralyzed, the dog no longer pees on the rug and my hair is growing back.
    Thanks WEas2!!
    You Sir have very fine sense of humour. It's almost to the point when I'm jealous 😂
    I don't know which Synth I like more - engineer or sarcastic wise man
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    You Sir have very fine sense of humour. It's almost to the point when I'm jealous ��
    I don't know which Synth I like more - engineer or sarcastic wise man
    Just remember, thew definition of Synthohol is synthetic alcohol. How Synthehol Works | HowStuffWorks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Those 3M Vacuum are too darn heavy. Most of the techs I Know only use them when absolutely necessary. The yellow toner cloth from katun does a good job, for most jobs. I hated carrying those together with the tool bag was a drag, but they worked good and is indeed noisy. Some customers did not like their noise level at all.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Those 3M Vacuum are too darn heavy. Most of the techs I Know only use them when absolutely necessary. The yellow toner cloth from katun does a good job, for most jobs. I hated carrying those together with the tool bag was a drag, but they worked good and is indeed noisy. Some customers did not like their noise level at all.
    Heavy or not vacuum cleaner is absolute must. I prefer it to be in my trunk as a backup, I don't have to carry it to every machine I visit so not a big deal

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Heavy or not vacuum cleaner is absolute must. I prefer it to be in my trunk as a backup, I don't have to carry it to every machine I visit so not a big deal
    No objection to your reply as I agree with that. I was just ranting about the dislike I have to being loaded with one on a call. However, now I know how effective those yellow coths are, I can do everything a vacuum can do. use 10 of them on a call, put them in a bag and vacuum them at home and resuse them. If I ever work in the field again, this is how I would work around the vacuum. Many times, in places you could not use the vac, as to the environment, especially office.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    No objection to your reply as I agree with that. I was just ranting about the dislike I have to being loaded with one on a call. However, now I know how effective those yellow coths are, I can do everything a vacuum can do. use 10 of them on a call, put them in a bag and vacuum them at home and resuse them. If I ever work in the field again, this is how I would work around the vacuum. Many times, in places you could not use the vac, as to the environment, especially office.
    Having to carry a vacuum is nothing. Years ago I used to on Vydec word processors. When I went on a call on one of them, in addition to mt tool kit I had take along an oscilloscope and 2 components carry cases, one 18x24x15 for large components and one for 18x324x6 for small boards. I had to use a luggage cart to carry everything in one trip.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The size and weight of the 3m is axactually why I got my Craftsman sit and tote tool box...The vac fits perfectly in the large compartment and tons of room left for chemicals and tools. You can use it as a seat, pile on tons of Pm kits boxes and just wheel it away... Sadly, it's been discontinued, and I have not found any replacement. The one I am using now is nearly worn out completely.