Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC 4503 with SR 3140 finisher gives error code 792

Re: Ricoh MPC 4503 with SR 3140 finisher gives error code 792

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    First of all I would like to thank everyone for the help.

When I got back to the machine, I hooked up a finisher. When I fired up the machine with the finisher attached, the finisher made all the right sounds for a machine with a finisher going through warm up. When I opened the door or top cover, the machine indicated such. When I ran something, it stopped in the bridge unit right when it goes into the finisher. Upon closer inspection of the finisher entrance guide, I noticed that it seemed bent up a bit. When I looked at the other finisher that the wholesaler sent us, it was bent upward as well. I took the guide off and straighten out the metal where it it was bent next to the screw holes. I reattached the guide and the damn thing started working.

I can only guess that the guys that move those finishers during shipping must find that guide and the front bins an easy place to pick the finisher up.

Lesson learned.
    I have had to straighten a few of them when the customer has moved them instead of calling us. They have a tendency to use the entry guide and plate it mounts to as a lift point. On many finishers for low to mid volume models the plate it mounts to is also the lower guide plate going into the finisher. I have had them the the top of the plate was above the bottom of the upper roller.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have to now replace the Magenta drum on this machine. It's making reddish streaking that looks to me to be a worn drum. I have been given a black drum kit and was told this is what I can use.
    So here are my questions if you guys care to indulge:

Do I have to look for some bit of plastic to brake off or some such thing to make the machine think that the black drum is a color drum?
    Once installed, what are the simulations or service modes to run when a new drum is installed?
    Is there a calibration I need to run?
    Are there any counters to reset so the customer is not troubled by some message that makes me come back?
    Is there any thing else I might have not asked about replacing a drum on this machine?

Once again, thanks for any help in advance.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I have to now replace the Magenta drum on this machine. It's making reddish streaking that looks to me to be a worn drum. I have been given a black drum kit and was told this is what I can use.
    So here are my questions if you guys care to indulge:

Do I have to look for some bit of plastic to brake off or some such thing to make the machine think that the black drum is a color drum?
    Once installed, what are the simulations or service modes to run when a new drum is installed?
    Is there a calibration I need to run?
    Are there any counters to reset so the customer is not troubled by some message that makes me come back?
    Is there any thing else I might have not asked about replacing a drum on this machine?

Once again, thanks for any help in advance.
    The black pcu will NOT fit the colour the frame is different but the parts are the same ie drum/charge roller assy and blades just order correct oem parts and setup according
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com