Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC 4503 with SR 3140 finisher gives error code 792

I no nothing about Ricohs but I have been burdened to find out why this MPC 4503 with a SR3140 finisher keeps giving the error code 792. We got another SR 3140 finisher and when we attached it to the machine, the same error code popped up. I have no access to a manual so I'm not sure what to make of this. I can only suspect that this is the wrong model finisher for this machine or there is something that needs to be set on the machine that will allow this finisher to work. I have no idea. Any help would be appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MPC 4503 with SR 3140 finisher gives error code 792

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I no nothing about Ricohs but I have been burdened to find out why this MPC 4503 with a SR3140 finisher keeps giving the error code 792. We got another SR 3140 finisher and when we attached it to the machine, the same error code popped up. I have no access to a manual so I'm not sure what to make of this. I can only suspect that this is the wrong model finisher for this machine or there is something that needs to be set on the machine that will allow this finisher to work. I have no idea. Any help would be appreciated.
    you can put in a request for the service manual here: https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/

have you checked the online spec sheets to see if those 2 finishers are even compatible with the machine?

is the docking plate mounted properly?

a quick search came up with this:
    Finisher errorThe machine does not recognize the finisher, but recognizes the bridge unit.• Defective connector• Defective harness• Incorrect installation1. Check the connections between the finisher and the machine.
    2. Install a new finisher.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thank you for such a quick reply.

I did A quick search and found the same as you mentioned. I did find a spec sheet (brochure) and this model finisher (SR3140) is supposed to work with the MPC4503. I have also requested a manual. Thanks for the link.

One of the first things I did was try another working finisher. The same error code popped up. The connectors on both finishers looked fine as well as the connector on the machine. This leads me to believe that both harnesses are fine. So there seems to be something that I do not know about 'Incorrect installation' as it pertains to Ricoh devices. I have no experience with this brand. So there must be something I do not know that is inherent to these models that is causing the 792 error.

I will check into the docking plate when I get back to the office on Monday (I think I know what that is but if anyone could let me know, that sure would save some time).

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you for such a quick reply.

I did A quick search and found the same as you mentioned. I did find a spec sheet (brochure) and this model finisher (SR3140) is supposed to work with the MPC4503. I have also requested a manual. Thanks for the link.

One of the first things I did was try another working finisher. The same error code popped up. The connectors on both finishers looked fine as well as the connector on the machine. This leads me to believe that both harnesses are fine. So there seems to be something that I do not know about 'Incorrect installation' as it pertains to Ricoh devices. I have no experience with this brand. So there must be something I do not know that is inherent to these models that is causing the 792 error.

I will check into the docking plate when I get back to the office on Monday (I think I know what that is but if anyone could let me know, that sure would save some time).

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

docking plate = metal plate attached to left side of unit in order for the machine to marry to the finisher.

Like the link i sent.. check the harnesses on in the unit and the finisher.

LOOK doesn't always properly diagnose the condition of the wires.

If you know how to use a multi-meter WITH POWER OFF .. you can check to see if the wires are broken/shorted. I would also pull the boards that the harnesses connect to and see if components are burned on the boards.. also check the/if the fuses on the boards are good.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Sc792 means the finisher is unplugged its because there's a bridge unit connected switch machine off plug finisher in then turn on it is the correct finisher for that machine
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thank you Phil B. and mga for those thoughts and suggestions.

You guys have given plenty to check out when I get to work on Monday.

If anyone else can add to helping me with this problem, please do.

Thank you Phil B. and mga for those thoughts and suggestions.

You guys have given plenty to check out when I get to work on Monday.

If anyone else can add to helping me with this problem, please do.
    always glad to help out a brother.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

PM me with your email address if you still need any manuals/parts catalogs.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

First of all I would like to thank everyone for the help.

When I got back to the machine, I hooked up a finisher. When I fired up the machine with the finisher attached, the finisher made all the right sounds for a machine with a finisher going through warm up. When I opened the door or top cover, the machine indicated such. When I ran something, it stopped in the bridge unit right when it goes into the finisher. Upon closer inspection of the finisher entrance guide, I noticed that it seemed bent up a bit. When I looked at the other finisher that the wholesaler sent us, it was bent upward as well. I took the guide off and straighten out the metal where it it was bent next to the screw holes. I reattached the guide and the damn thing started working.

I can only guess that the guys that move those finishers during shipping must find that guide and the front bins an easy place to pick the finisher up.

Lesson learned.

First of all I would like to thank everyone for the help.

When I got back to the machine, I hooked up a finisher. When I fired up the machine with the finisher attached, the finisher made all the right sounds for a machine with a finisher going through warm up. When I opened the door or top cover, the machine indicated such. When I ran something, it stopped in the bridge unit right when it goes into the finisher. Upon closer inspection of the finisher entrance guide, I noticed that it seemed bent up a bit. When I looked at the other finisher that the wholesaler sent us, it was bent upward as well. I took the guide off and straighten out the metal where it it was bent next to the screw holes. I reattached the guide and the damn thing started working.

I can only guess that the guys that move those finishers during shipping must find that guide and the front bins an easy place to pick the finisher up.

Lesson learned.
    good job brother!