Thread: C5100Pro

Technician

C5100Pro

Can anyone tell me what caused all the little bumps on my transfer belt. We just changed the belt cleaning unit and this happened. ricoh belt.jpg It's hard to see with the relection but it looks like the bumps were formed from underneath . Help appreciated before I spend $ on new belt and new cleaning unit.

Thanks

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: C5100Pro

Looks like charge rollers inside belt are contaminated with toner clumps. Happens more often when belt/machine maintenance are overdue or/and compatible toners are used. Generally it's time for new image transfer belt unit now but Ricoh aren't exactly in my field expertise so more experienced guys can help better.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    C5100Pro

Quote Originally Posted by leonardcahill View Post
    Can anyone tell me what caused all the little bumps on my transfer belt. We just changed the belt cleaning unit and this happened. ricoh belt.jpg It's hard to see with the relection but it looks like the bumps were formed from underneath . Help appreciated before I spend $ on new belt and new cleaning unit.

Thanks
    Looks like the new belt wasn't installed correctly ie cleaning the unit before the belt was installed best to get ricoh credited service engineer to do
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C5100Pro

Quote Originally Posted by leonardcahill View Post

Thanks
    why isn't this in the ricoh copier forum?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C5100Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Looks like charge rollers inside belt are contaminated with toner clumps. Happens more often when belt/machine maintenance are overdue or/and compatible toners are used. Generally it's time for new image transfer belt unit now but Ricoh aren't exactly in my field expertise so more experienced guys can help better.
    This is the key here with a Pro machine, replace ALL parts once they hit PM life or you will run into these kinds of issues.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk