Thread: Sc 285

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts kanagavel's Avatar

Sc 285

Hi friends, my machine is ricoh MP C5502 i test the colour pattern the alignments are not ok then i try to do ITB forced line position adjustment on SP2111 that C, B, A option first i do C option result showing failed i try again anf again then its comes SC 285 error code. Then i go by the manual instruction i chenge from other machine ( ITB unit, all the 4 drum units, laser unit, ID sensor) but still the problem not solved.
    So i need help i want to know how to solve this problem friends please teach me how to solve this problem friends.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Sc 285

Re: Sc 285

Quote Originally Posted by kanagavel View Post
    Hi friends, my machine is ricoh MP C5502 i test the colour pattern the alignments are not ok then i try to do ITB forced line position adjustment on SP2111 that C, B, A option first i do C option result showing failed i try again anf again then its comes SC 285 error code. Then i go by the manual instruction i chenge from other machine ( ITB unit, all the 4 drum units, laser unit, ID sensor) but still the problem not solved.
    So i need help i want to know how to solve this problem friends please teach me how to solve this problem friends.
    1) you need to post in the proper forum: https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/r...tetner-lanier/

2) did you run ACC auto color correction?

3) changing parts from one machine to another you still have to run the appropriate SM adjustments

4) you have the manual ... RTFM

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    1) you need to post in the proper forum: https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/r...tetner-lanier/

2) did you run ACC auto color correction?

3) changing parts from one machine to another you still have to run the appropriate SM adjustments

4) you have the manual ... RTFM

Hi sir thank you for your reply.
    1) i didn't do the ACC
    2) i don't know what is SM adjustment, can you please teach me.
    3)sorry sir i don't have RTFM, i just refer to the printcopy.info website
    So sir can you please help me to solve this problem

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Sc 285

Hi sir thank you for your reply.
    1) i didn't do the ACC
    2) i don't know what is SM adjustment, can you please teach me.
    3)sorry sir i don't have RTFM, i just refer to the printcopy.info website
    So sir can you please help me to solve this problem
    R = Read
    T= the
    F = frigging
    M = manual

if you don't have a real service manual, make a small contribution to CTN, that'll get you a Contributor Badge on your profile then the guys with the manual will probably get you a copy ...

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    R = Read
    T= the
    F = frigging
    M = manual

if you don't have a real service manual, make a small contribution to CTN, that'll get you a Contributor Badge on your profile then the guys with the manual will probably get you a copy ...

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/
    Ok sir thank you for your reply sir.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Sc 285

You wasted a lot of time running forced line position and changing various parts but I don't see anything about you cleaning the ID sensor assembly first. Now go and clean the Image Density sensor assembly and any toner hazing around it. If that does not correct the problem, replace the ID sensor assembly with a new one. A new one from Ricoh will come with a sticker that was settings that are specific to that board. If those values are not correct you will continue to have problems.

Hello, I am a college student and I was reading How to Better Manage Your Time As a Student on a website and while reading, by mistake, I clicked on your post. And I am glad I have found your post because my friend also facing the same problem and he still he can't find its solution and I would love to share with him. I hope it will help him out.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Sc 285

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaKMcGowan View Post
    Hello, I am a college student and I was reading How to Better Manage Your Time As a Student on a website and while reading, by mistake, I clicked on your post. And I am glad I have found your post because my friend also facing the same problem and he still he can't find its solution and I would love to share with him. I hope it will help him out.
    The problem is most likely a dirty or defective Image Density, ID, sensor assembly. Depending on the machine there are a few other things that can cause it. I would suggest that he obtain a service manual for the specific model he owns as getting at the sensor assembly can vary. You or he can put a request in the Service Manual Requests forum. https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/