Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

SC670-00 Ricoh MPC6502SP

So this error SC670-00 comes up as soon as the copier turns on. The copier is connected straight to the floor outlet. The IH COIL POWER COOLING FAN is not working since it's not spinning when the machine will be turned on. Though, I'm not certain if this is going to make a huge impact on that error.

On the Service Manual, this is what it says:
    Check the connection between the engine board and the
    controller board.
     If it is always reproduced, replace the engine board. If the
    problem persists, consider replacing the controller board or
    other boards between them.
     If reproducibility is low, multiple causes are to be
    considered, such as software, engine board, controller
    board, and PSU.
    On the Parts Manual, it's not called Engine Board since it's not stated as I expected it should be. I'm a little bit confused if the engine board is called differently on the Parts Manual.

Is the Engine Board also called as PCB:PFB from the Parts Manual? How about the controller board, which one is it?

If it's right, the cables of the PFB(lower SC670-00.jpgleft most board with 3 chips on it) and the Controller Board(right at top of where the PFB is) were all reseated but made no difference and nothing is damaged. So, I'll bet my cards on the Engine Board.

Anyone who experienced this? Shed me some light. Thanks!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    SC670-00 Ricoh MPC6502SP

Re: SC670-00 Ricoh MPC6502SP

Quote Originally Posted by ccts_tech View Post
    So this error SC670-00 comes up as soon as the copier turns on. The copier is connected straight to the floor outlet. The IH COIL POWER COOLING FAN is not working since it's not spinning when the machine will be turned on. Though, I'm not certain if this is going to make a huge impact on that error.

On the Service Manual, this is what it says:
    Check the connection between the engine board and the
    controller board.
     If it is always reproduced, replace the engine board. If the
    problem persists, consider replacing the controller board or
    other boards between them.
     If reproducibility is low, multiple causes are to be
    considered, such as software, engine board, controller
    board, and PSU.
    On the Parts Manual, it's not called Engine Board since it's not stated as I expected it should be. I'm a little bit confused if the engine board is called differently on the Parts Manual.

Is the Engine Board also called as PCB:PFB from the Parts Manual? How about the controller board, which one is it?

If it's right, the cables of the PFB(lower SC670-00.jpgleft most board with 3 chips on it) and the Controller Board(right at top of where the PFB is) were all reseated but made no difference and nothing is damaged. So, I'll bet my cards on the Engine Board.

Anyone who experienced this? Shed me some light. Thanks!

• Code: SC670-00
    • Description:Engine start up error • Case 1 • /ENGRDY signal was not asserted when the machine was turned on or returned from energy saver mode. • /IPURDY signal was not asserted when the machine was turned on or returned from energy saver mode. • EC response was not received within specified time from power on. • PC response was not received within specified time from power on. • SC response was not received within specified time from power on. • Writing to Rapi driver failed (the other party not found through PCI). • Case 2 • Unexpected down status was detected after /ENGRDY assertion.
    • Causes:• Case 1 • Engine board does not start up. • Case 2 • Engine board reset unexpectedly.
    • Remedy:Update the firmware. Check the connection between the engine board and the controller board. • If it is always reproduced, replace the engine board. If the problem persists, consider replacing the controller board or other boards between them. • If reproducibility is low, multiple causes are to be considered, such as software, engine board, controller board, and PSU.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Re: SC670-00 Ricoh MPC6502SP

What is the part number for the engine board and controller board?