Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Original remanufactured toners

It seems OEM is still the only sure way to go.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

When Sharp pulled authorization on one of the mega dealers years ago we were handed a few National Accounts and schools. I personally went to one school system and visited each building who let me know they HATED their copiers. After a string of questions it all came down to the changing of toners. Each building had multiple Sharps which had the stupid shutters that had to be pulled to add toner. The non-OEM toners that the dealer supplied would not release the shutter without monkeying about. After the teachers began installing Sharp toners their attitudes towards the copiers completely changed. It wasn't even the toner itself but the cartridge that was not right.

I have tested non-OEM toners over the years and all have EVENTUALLY failed. I've listened to all the testing these companies do and how they have Service Managers from companies with throusands of machines running their products that I can talk to. blah blah blah. I was sucked in again about two years ago trying to increase margins on a school system that beat us down to .0035 locked for 5 years. The toners I tried ran for 6 months without an issue with machines going through several toner per month. Then it all fell apart. Toner related error codes that we had never seen before and crap solids or overtoning. Never again (I've said that before )

OK, nice video.

I see that here that service engineers don't like remany toners. That is fine, I understand that, using OEM will make less problem as many remany toners are really crap and they coming from China and many countries which don't understand what is quality. I test a lot of them and 90% of them are crap.
    We need to know that Canon dont make a toner and OPC's. It is all made in separate companies which make toner toner for remany companies as well. OEM toner or OPC no one can bay, it is just made for OEM but another version are available.
    If we talk about copy tubes, YES, this is dangers. Toner can make life of DEV units shorter and OPC as well.
    So, picking good toner is very expensive and it need a lot of tests, most remany companies don't want to do it and then problems acure. If we talk about small cartridges as HP505X or 26X, for sure there is good toners which can be used without any problem.

To go back to video which I saw. First, they cannot use OEM toner from OEM tubes as first, they don't have enough toner in tubes and empty cartridge is expensive. They need 15 cartridge to refill 1. Even if they try to do it, toner in tube is mixed with carrier. Carrier need to be in some %, depend of model. So, no way that they use OEM toner, it is just impossible.

Regarding marketing on video, I can bet that Canon will sue them as intellectual property here is broken. They cannot use Canon or OEM on their labels.

If I am someone why will take care about toners for some company, I would ask from them on written that they garanty same quality as OEM and if any problem jump up, they need to pay.