Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Print quality of Canon/KM/Xerox office machines

What is your opinion regarding the print quality (business color) of the following models:
    - Konica Minolta C658 series
    - Canon C5560i series
    - Xerox AltaLink C8055 series

I know that these are no longer the current models. But I think there is more experience here than with the very new machines.

I'm always a bit torn about which office machines deliver the better quality. Therefore, I would like to discuss the question here in the forum. I think so far only brands like Kyocera were compared with the leading brands, but never the leading brands like Canon, KM and Xerox among themselves.

Thanks!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: Print quality of Canon/KM/Xerox office machines

... the answer is subjective. It depends upon all three copiers using the exact same file to print on the exact same paper. It depends upon the test file and the printer RIP. It depends upon lighting conditions. It depends on the meter count of each copier. It depends on if the print engine is laser or LED. It depends on if the job is printed with a PCL6 or Postscript driver.

It depends upon the expectations of the buyer.

One cannot expect two copiers from different vendors to print the same gamut of color.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

The biggest thing affecting quality is how well each was maintained. A couple of other items to check would be how long they have set not being used and whether they have used off brand supplies.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

It is absolutely clear that various conditions have an impact on the print quality. But let's assume that all three machines are operated with the same conditions (i.e. same paper quality, roughly the same consumable status, same test pattern printed with a PS driver, etc.). Which manufacturer provides the best print quality for office machines? If someone thinks that an LED print engine can deliver better overall quality than a laser, then the point just goes to Xerox.
    If someone can't make a decision, it would also be informative to list advantages and disadvantages of each brand. Let your thoughts flow.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pdy-pt View Post
    It is absolutely clear that various conditions have an impact on the print quality. But let's assume that all three machines are operated with the same conditions (i.e. same paper quality, roughly the same consumable status, same test pattern printed with a PS driver, etc.). Which manufacturer provides the best print quality for office machines? If someone thinks that an LED print engine can deliver better overall quality than a laser, then the point just goes to Xerox.
    If someone can't make a decision, it would also be informative to list advantages and disadvantages of each brand. Let your thoughts flow.
    Laser over led any day
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com