Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MPC4503 sop

Technician

MPC4503 sop

hi, so i am trying to update a couple low count MPC4503's with the M3 SOP off some MP4554's.i follow the manual to a t for the installation of that option but will not work. shows home screen with no apps and then kicks up a SC673.
    these panels are the same option for the colour and BW so it should work. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC4503 sop

Re: MPC4503 sop

Quote Originally Posted by genco View Post
    hi, so i am trying to update a couple low count MPC4503's with the M3 SOP off some MP4554's.i follow the manual to a t for the installation of that option but will not work. shows home screen with no apps and then kicks up a SC673.
    these panels are the same option for the colour and BW so it should work. any help would be appreciated. thanks
    What manual did you follow?

Technician

i used the smart operation panel type M3 and the installation procedure Rev. 11/14/2013

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC4503 sop

i used the smart operation panel type M3 and the installation procedure Rev. 11/14/2013
    Check that the SP settings are all correct. There is at least 1 of the 4 settings in the installation procedures that if left at 0 will prevent the normal icons from displaying.

Technician

thank you, did re check. i have the feeling that somehow being on a mp4554 they must retain some info that doesn't jive with the mpc4503. won't let me in to the panel sp do a memory clear without the sp673 popping up.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC4503 sop

thank you, did re check. i have the feeling that somehow being on a mp4554 they must retain some info that doesn't jive with the mpc4503. won't let me in to the panel sp do a memory clear without the sp673 popping up.
    Might be a version conflict with the with what is currently on the SOP. Try Debs suggestion to use WIM. It might allow you to override the version. May also be able to do so with SD card modules. SD card modules will show you if there is a conflict.

Technician

ok, can you expand on WIM and SD card modules please?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC4503 sop

ok, can you expand on WIM and SD card modules please?
    If you don't know that you should not be trying to install firmware or anything else on a Ricoh. Try hiring a Ricoh trained and authorized. If you are near Toronto, sandmanmac should be able to get you going, for as service fee.

Technician

i had a funny feeling that would be your response. i have talked sandy on this, no help. but thanks anyways. i have only been playing with ricohs for about 10 years.