Thread: ricoh scanning

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

ricoh scanning

has anyone ever encountered when you scan to a pc but the files is just not there?
    checked the scanning path it was correct.
    scan to folder.
    test the path it's successful...

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    ricoh scanning

Re: ricoh scanning

I had something similar at an elementary school district once. The district had 7 campuses plus the district office, print shop/warehouse, bus garage and the maintenance office. The server bank was in the district office but still had its own subnet. Each campus had its own directory structure with each teacher, the principal and the office staff members having their own sub folder. Active Directory mapped the F: to the individuals folder on the server. When someone scanned to their personal folder, the files did not appear in their mapped folder but if the IT logged to the server, the files were there. After about 30 minutes the files would show up to the user. The problem was apparently propagation problem across the various switches and gateways. When I went there I found that if I change the folder either one level up or down the tree and then back, it refreshed the directory read and the file was there.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Re: ricoh scanning

I had cases of Anti-virus Programs let files pass to the system, the machine said 100% free memory, but the file did not appear. It temporarily disabled the service and the files that were scanned afterwards appeared in the directory without problems.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.