Senior Tech 100+ Posts

mpc4503 factory reset network settings

hi guys,

my mpc 4503 seems to be hidden from the network. but ping ok.
    if add printer by IP...usually ends up by IP address.
    what could be the issue?
    i have already looked up and did my research... some says go to the administrator tools and press network factory reset.
    Somehow that button is not there. i couldnt find it. could it be firmware related?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: mpc4503 factory reset network settings

Quote Originally Posted by terramobil View Post
    I think it's not a firmware problen. Can you reach WIM? Maybe there is another device with the same IP in the network. Try to perform SP 5-801-008, -009, -010 and -011.
    Hi, I will take note of tat. thank you

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mpc4503 factory reset network settings

Re: mpc4503 factory reset network settings

Did you use DHCP to get an IP address or was it manually set? Try pinging a few of the computers from the C4503 control panel.

If it is a setting in User Tools you may need to login as the Network Administrator in order to see the setting. If Network Security Setting is not at 0, that could be the problem. TO see Network Security Level you will have to logged in as the Network Administrator. It could also be that Access Control has been setup and none of the computers fall into the set IP address range(s). This is very common in large network where they do not want every computer in the building printing to every printer. Printing Network settings should show that bur again may require correct Admin rights to change. SP 5801-011 NCS should clear all network settings including Access Control. You will have to reenter IP address, subnet mask, DNS server(s) and gateway settings.