Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Kyocera 5053 - Stapler staples twice in one corner when selecting double staple

Hi,

I am having an issue where a booklet is stapled twice in one corner of the page when using the option to staple twice on one page to make a booklet.

When using the manual option staple option on the df-770, the page is stapled as expected so not sure why the above is happening when using the staple functionality within the copiers.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Re: Kyocera 5053 - Stapler staples twice in one corner when selecting double staple

So is this a print job problem? Since you tested manual staple I am assuming that a copy mode operation would work as well.

Check the driver to ensure the correct finisher is set, update firmware.

Bad print command is only thing I can imagine to exhibit unexpected stapler behavior. An A4 driver job sent to an A3 will staple in wrong corner. It knows it has rotated the image and it can only staple in one corner, so it does as it's told.

Perhaps use U240/241 and copy mode to test stapler operations more extensively if you still have an issue.
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

Technician

Re: Kyocera 5053 - Stapler staples twice in one corner when selecting double staple

Quote Originally Posted by PrintWhisperer View Post
    So is this a print job problem? Since you tested manual staple I am assuming that a copy mode operation would work as well.

Check the driver to ensure the correct finisher is set, update firmware.

Bad print command is only thing I can imagine to exhibit unexpected stapler behavior. An A4 driver job sent to an A3 will staple in wrong corner. It knows it has rotated the image and it can only staple in one corner, so it does as it's told.

Perhaps use U240/241 and copy mode to test stapler operations more extensively if you still have an issue.
    The issue happens when photocopying and using the booklet function.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera 5053 - Stapler staples twice in one corner when selecting double staple

Quote Originally Posted by FBS2021 View Post
    Hi,

I am having an issue where a booklet is stapled twice in one corner of the page when using the option to staple twice on one page to make a booklet.

When using the manual option staple option on the df-770, the page is stapled as expected so not sure why the above is happening when using the staple functionality within the copiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by FBS2021 View Post
    The issue happens when photocopying and using the booklet function.
    Which are you trying to use, the staple twice option or the booklet function, i.e. saddle stitch staple and then center fold?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Which are you trying to use, the staple twice option or the booklet function, i.e. saddle stitch staple and then center fold?
    Staple option twice. Wierdly that issue has now stopped and irewpalced with an issue wher ethe booklets doubel staple for around18 copes and then dosen't staple the paple and gets jammed.