Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: General question 2 all technicians or users - which was the best digital copier I

Thank you to all who have chipped in with their thoughts so far.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    General question 2 all technicians or users - which was the best digital copier IYO?

Re: General question 2 all technicians or users - which was the best digital copier I

Quote Originally Posted by ninadobrev View Post
    There have been several outstanding printers that are no longer in production but were highly regarded during their time. One example is the HP LaserJet 4 series, which was renowned for its durability and print quality. Another is the Xerox DocuColor series, which was beloved for its color accuracy and versatility in the graphic arts industry.

The HP work horses will never die. There's an endless supply of refurbs and parts available. Fortunately you only need maximum 10 parts to keep them running forever.

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    The HP work horses will never die. There's an endless supply of refurbs and parts available. Fortunately you only need maximum 10 parts to keep them running forever.
    That's a good thing to know! Thanks for that bit of info.

I did install the driver software for the C253 onto the new laptop and everything worked perfectly, though I haven't tried scanning from this new laptop. On my old one, I can't scan using the USB cable, only doing it on the C253 itself.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    General question 2 all technicians or users - which was the best digital copier IYO?

Quote Originally Posted by atticeflone View Post
    I did install the driver software for the C253 onto the new laptop and everything worked perfectly, though I haven't tried scanning from this new laptop. On my old one, I can't scan using the USB cable, only doing it on the C253 itself.
    Considering that Ricoh currently only provides Network TWAIN and Network WIA drivers. they may not support USB scanning.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

[QUOTE=judgedredd;2584094]SalesServiceGuy,

If printers were built in a modular fashion whereby one could swap out units when there were improvements to them - like the feed roller mechanisms with better rubber or mechanics or a better imaging unit - then that would be a great step in the right direction. One can upgrade and improve a Desktop PC to a degree except for the CPU and memory (though one can change these for a higher speed [CPU] or higher clock rate [memory]).

This is not feasible, plus, this is already being done with manufactures , as they see fit. Printer/copier are full of mechanical parts, which do suffer wear and tear and needs to be refurbished after certain milage or condition. Technology is constantly evolving, so it is easier for manufacture to develop whole new machines that functions better with improve yields and more. The customers, which are vastly commercial, also wants newer products as these machines takes a beating in the commerical envrionment.
    I do agree, there is lots of waste and pollution from this industry, from packaging to consumables byproducts and disposal. If one really looks at the scale worldwide, its appaling. This is part of the world of commerce and bread and butter for a whole lot of people. The products today have vastly improved in speed, reliability and not to sure about cost. So, these are some of the things to consider.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

HP does have some new models. and on those if you order a slower copier, but later decide you need a bit more. you can upgrade some parts for a little bit better machine. how well it works? i have no idea.
    if the brands built the machines with parts like described. how long do you think they would stay in business? given the fact they wouldn't be able to sell new equipment.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Aficio 1224C

#neverforget