Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    OCCopierGuy

best light production digital color printer

Hello All,

I have a small commercial print shop that does a lot of digital color (30k/month). I have 2 KM C6500 box and looking to replace one of them as the lease is up. I am looking for a replacement that is in the similar priced position as the KM C6500 or a bit more. Although the C6500 is good, but the front/back registration is not very good, and the color is mediocre. So far I am looking at the Ricoh C751EX with fiery E41 rip, Xerox 700i creo rip, and KM 6000/7000 series. I run 11" x 17" and 12' x 18" all day long and a lot of 256 to 300 gsm stocks. Any thoughts and input between these or any other machine I did not mention would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and feedback.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: best light production digital color printer

I think you can't go wrong with the Ricoh C751. Colour is great and since you will be doing that type of volume it should handle it all day every day with little issue.

It does have a limit of 300gsm single sided and 256gsm duplex, will run all types of stock as well.

Well worth looking into.....

Re: best light production digital color printer

We have a Bizhub c7000p down in our print shop that has been going great. I think I've been down there just 3 or 4 times in the last few months to just answer basic end user questions on it. Have had no real issues with it.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."