Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Riso drum compatibility (specifically RZ/GR)

Hi, I have a Riso RZ 370EP and wanted to know if by any chance GR drums would fit? Of course I'm guessing not as the RZ/GR are different codes entirely, but there is no accurate information I can find online or on Riso's website about cross-drum compatibility. Or inks, for that matter.

I have also looked through previous threads on here but cannot find the info I need.

I think many people have requested this too but a big sheet/table of Riso models, inks and drums with clear compatibility rules would be immensely helpful! I don't think this exists.....?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Riso drum compatibility (specifically RZ/GR)

Drums, ink and masters are NOT compatible between GR and RZ models. Since the GR line got obsoleted by RISO a few years back there has not been a compatibility chart with them on it.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jermyth View Post
    Drums, ink and masters are NOT compatible between GR and RZ models. Since the GR line got obsoleted by RISO a few years back there has not been a compatibility chart with them on it.

Good luck.
    Great thanks for your advice, I thought as much...

I think the RZ is a lot newer than the GR so hopefully the consumables are a little more available. If anyone can recommend anywhere to get refurbished RZ drums from that'd be helpful - I've been looking for office liquidation sales and a few contacts so far... hopefully something will pop up!

Quote Originally Posted by steller View Post
    Hi, I have a Riso RZ 370EP and wanted to know if by any chance GR drums would fit? Of course I'm guessing not as the RZ/GR are different codes entirely, but there is no accurate information I can find online or on Riso's website about cross-drum compatibility. Or inks, for that matter.

I have also looked through previous threads on here but cannot find the info I need.

I think many people have requested this too but a big sheet/table of Riso models, inks and drums with clear compatibility rules would be immensely helpful! I don't think this exists.....?

Thank you in advance!
    You’re right about a chart though. It would be great to have. Recently found out that FR inks fit in GR drums.