drum stuck on Ricoh 4450

We have a sensor error on a Ricoh 4450. We can see it through the master drawer. Need to get the drum out to fix it. Any ideas? Any help woud be appreciated.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    drum stuck on Ricoh 4450

Re: drum stuck on Ricoh 4450

The two main reason that a drum cannot be removed are the drum is not at home position or the pressing roller is in the up position. I believe that this model does have a drum position indicator, upper right hand corner inside the front door. Green is drum home, red is drum not home.

By the way what is the error message you are getting

We were getting the E-22 first and the E-06. When we manually turned the drum, it never registered home. The sensors in the back of the machine need to be replaced with the plate. We are in Central Texas with no technicians near.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    drum stuck on Ricoh 4450

drum latch.pdfItem A on the attached is the drum latch. It is the same on almost all Ricoh duplicators. It aligns between the 2 tabs that are on the front flange when the drum is at home position and drops between them when the drum is pulled out to keep the drum itself locked into position. Mounted to to the rear flange is an L shaped actuator that is what the drum position sensors see. If it is bent it can damage multiple sensors on the rear frame.

E-22 is a second feed start timing error - this night be a damaged sensor
    E-06 is a main motor lock error - if the pressing roller is against the drum surface at the wrong place it can bind the drum. It can also damage both the metal and cloth screens(not fun to replace)

i've the same issue on a 4545, but i don't understand well your explaination, may be my english is not enought good.

I've E-06 error, the drum turn with the motor and manually, but i cant pull it out.

I attach a photo of the drum latch, may be you see something.
    signal-2021-10-15-170655_001.jpg
    thanks in advance.

Ok i don't know how but i've manage to pull out the drum. Inside the sensors was out their place, and it seems that one is missing. Do you know if it's necessary ? do you know what's the name of the part and if i can buy it on internet ?

And there is a metal piece around tje sensor seems to have an awkard angle. I join some pictures.
    The one missing : 1.jpg

the one with the awkward angle
    2.jpg

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    drum stuck on Ricoh 4450

Quote Originally Posted by maun View Post
    Ok i don't know how but i've manage to pull out the drum. Inside the sensors was out their place, and it seems that one is missing. Do you know if it's necessary ? do you know what's the name of the part and if i can buy it on internet ?

And there is a metal piece around tje sensor seems to have an awkard angle. I join some pictures.
    The one missing : 1.jpg

the one with the awkward angle
    2.jpg
    Both of those brackets appear to be bent. You might be able to straighten them out. Most likely the Drum position plate on the back of the back of the drum is also damaged and needs to be replaced as will possibly be the sensors themselves. The position is what passes through the sensors and determines when the drum is at certain positions such as home. If the drum is not at the home position, it will not come out. Notice the gear in you second picture? The opening in the plate on it has to be pointed directly at the drum shaft in order for the drum to be removed.
    AW020141 Photointeruptor
    C2562375 Drum position plate