Riso Drivers For Windows Vista

I have a toshiba windows vista and have tried multiple times to download a driver for the riso rp 3105 model , and from their site I believe to download the correct one but can't seem to send my printed file to the riso. either it says the printer is offline, even though I'm connecting with a usb. Any Advice? the computer shows the riso printer and the driver seems to have worked, but whenever i hit print, it goes to the printer queue but then nothing after.

Thanks

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: Riso Drivers For Windows Vista

Well, you seem to be working with dinosaurs, both your computer OS and the 3105 model. Vista support disappeared in 2012, and the 3105 was released way back in '03. There is NO RP driver listed on the Riso download page. Time to update your computer and the machine.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician

Hello,

I'm using a RP3700 with a W2k virtual machine under W7 and a serial to USB interface.
    At the begining I experienced problems similar to what you tell. There are some threads on this topic, so it seems to be a common issue.
    In my case some days nothing worked, the files were sended but never arrived.

More that a driver problem, I found that some physical details can influence the connection, from the usb port used to which machine is first started.
    Once I found a working setting, I try to connect them in exact the same way always almost as a maniac

Maybe is only good luck, but now my files are printed ok, though some complex files still are not (looks like memory errors) and forces me to use the scanbed.
    But not more connection problems.

Hope this help
    Paco

Quote Originally Posted by bluvoelker View Post
    I have a toshiba windows vista and have tried multiple times to download a driver for the riso rp 3105 model , and from their site I believe to download the correct one but can't seem to send my printed file to the riso. either it says the printer is offline, even though I'm connecting with a usb. Any Advice? the computer shows the riso printer and the driver seems to have worked, but whenever i hit print, it goes to the printer queue but then nothing after.

Thanks
    Gotta necro here. Recently had a similar problem hooking a Risograph RP 3505UI to a Windows 10 PC. After weeks of searching for a solution I decided to try a newer model's driver to see if it would work even a bit. Downloading the RZ9 Driver package from Risograph's website and using the RZ/R7X driver inside the package worked perfectly. Hope if you're having similar problems this helps.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I don't know about Risograph, but Ricoh packaged a driver disk with all machines that had printing or scanning capability. If Risograph does the same you might check with other dealers to see if anyone still has a copy.