Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

GR3770 Disposal Error (persistent)

I have a GR3770 that has the "Disposal Error remove cylinder and discard master" message. When the message first occurred there were multiple masters folded up in the used master disposal cassette like an accordion. I removed them all and the error persisted. I checked the pathway for any sign of a piece of torn master, cleaned the master disposal sensor with a q tip and alcohol, removed the master from the cylinder, return cylinder to machine with no master on it, reinstalled the master roll, and even re-powered the machine with the reset button held to clear the error. Done most of these steps multiple times and the error still persists after attempting to make a new master. I even tried a different cylinder with a master already on it. Still getting the same error. Help!
    Thanks,
    John M
    DPS
    Senior Field Technician

Re: GR3770 Disposal Error (persistent)

OLD machine, so I'm guessing here, possible clamp solenoid not actuating like it should. Or the master removal sensor is faulty, check in test mode 28. Should change beep interval if block and unblock it.

Good luck.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by jermyth View Post
    OLD machine, so I'm guessing here, possible clamp solenoid not actuating like it should. Or the master removal sensor is faulty, check in test mode 28. Should change beep interval if block and unblock it.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the help. I put it in test mode and it beeps and changes interval when I put my finger in front of the sensor.

I also tested #54 disposal box master sensor and it is working as well.

The clamp is actuating, when I put the drum in with the clamp closed and no master on the drum and attempt to make a master and get the error the clamp is open when I pull the drum.
    Thanks,
    John M
    DPS
    Senior Field Technician

Technician

I also tried a different drum with a master on the drum and get the same error. I have 3 other drums I can try and see if they do the same.
    Thanks,
    John M
    DPS
    Senior Field Technician