Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

GR3770 & SC3000 shrinking artwork

Hi,

I'm trying to print a precise 2 colour job and I've noticed that my artwork is getting shrunk. One element should be 381mm wide, but when printed is 370mm. I'm using the 'actual size' option from acrobat. My machine is a GR3770 and the rip I'm using is a SC3000. Any idea what could be causing this issue?

Thanks

Re: GR3770 & SC3000 shrinking artwork

Is it the GR, the rip, or the file. Got to test different things to eliminate them. Does an image shrink when scanning and making a master off the glass? Do other files shrink when printed? Let us know and we can go from there.
    Good luck.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I've just tested it with printed artwork that was 100% scale to the artwork file. It did shrink, but not as much. It was 375mm wide, so closer to the intend 381, but still quite a way off.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I gave scaling up to 102% a go on acrobat and it seems to be almost perfect. Not an ideal solution but an easily workable one

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Probably the write roller that is in contact with the TPH when burning a master. It is rubber and has probably become hard and shrunk due to age. You could clean it with belt cleaner or rubber rejuvenator or something like that, just not alcohol cause you'll dry it up more. The pieces that hold the master roll flanges in place also may have some small (black) tension gears in behind them that slow down the roll as it's burning. You could take them out but wrinkling of the master on the drum may happen.