Question RP3505 Projection Plate Collar needed - Master Disposal Error for one specific drum

Hello! I am new here.

I own a Riso RP3505 and just today received a used color drum from eBay. I was able to run prints from the master that came on the drum just fine. Then when I tried to make a new master, I received the master disposal error and was prompted to manually remove the master. Upon further inspection I noticed that the Projection Plate Collar (Part No. 030-16318-107) is missing from this drum. I'm assuming that this is the reason the master cannot be removed by the disposal unit. (all other drums dispose of masters with no trouble).

Does anyone know where I can get a Projection Plate Collar (and accompanying little "C" shaped metal clip to keep it on)?
    The Part No. is: 030-16318-107

Thank you so much for any guidance!

IMG-3723.jpg
    Last edited by TMD; 01-14-2020 at 03:52 AM. Reason: added photo

Talking Re: RP3505 Projection Plate Collar needed - Master Disposal Error for one specific dr

SOLVED: I was able to 3D Print the part with the help of a fellow Riso owner and my public library's 3D printer. It fits perfectly into place. Now just waiting until I can dig up a spare E-Clip to keep it in place.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    RP3505 Projection Plate Collar needed - Master Disposal Error for one specific drum

Re: RP3505 Projection Plate Collar needed - Master Disposal Error for one specific dr

Quote Originally Posted by TMD View Post
    SOLVED: I was able to 3D Print the part with the help of a fellow Riso owner and my public library's 3D printer. It fits perfectly into place. Now just waiting until I can dig up a spare E-Clip to keep it in place.
    is it a metal or plastic clip?

you have a nice resource there... might be interesting if you could do a side gig doing that type thing.

There are some old copiers/printers out there that have plastic pieces break, most time that tiny thing isn't spared, you have to buy a whole $90-180usd assembly!

if just a plain metal Eclip.. most of us techs have pulled 100's of them and saved them ( well us old techs do! )

Red face Re: RP3505 Projection Plate Collar needed - Master Disposal Error for one specific dr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    is it a metal or plastic clip?

you have a nice resource there... might be interesting if you could do a side gig doing that type thing.

There are some old copiers/printers out there that have plastic pieces break, most time that tiny thing isn't spared, you have to buy a whole $90-180usd assembly!

if just a plain metal Eclip.. most of us techs have pulled 100's of them and saved them ( well us old techs do! )
    I agree - such a great resource! after seeing how well it worked I signed up for a 3D printing workshop - gonna start making parts if/when I can. Thankfully yes, this one was already made of plastic so it was easy to recreate.

As for the e-clip.... yes, the one I need is just a plain metal one. You have any of the small ones laying around? not sure of the exact size. I'm a new tech of my one and only machine but you know i'll be saving everything!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    RP3505 Projection Plate Collar needed - Master Disposal Error for one specific drum

Re: RP3505 Projection Plate Collar needed - Master Disposal Error for one specific dr

I agree - such a great resource! after seeing how well it worked I signed up for a 3D printing workshop - gonna start making parts if/when I can. Thankfully yes, this one was already made of plastic so it was easy to recreate.

As for the e-clip.... yes, the one I need is just a plain metal one. You have any of the small ones laying around? not sure of the exact size. I'm a new tech of my one and only machine but you know i'll be saving everything!
    naw... don't have any. .. just assorted sizes in 2 diff smokeless 'baca cans .. springs.. diff screws .. plastic 'ricoh' clips.. about 23 cans total. get the size needed PM me to get it .. i'll mail it snail for ya

i save good parts

anything known to be bad toss it.

Precision Roller is one of the good source for some parts.

Very cool. Out of curiosity, besides knowing the part name and part #, how do you print the part without a blueprint, for example? Thanks!