Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Riso RP3700 struggling to start up

Hi there and apologies for writing in the dead thread below.

So in short I have a Risograph RP3700 and for the past month the machine has been taking minutes and even hours to switch on. Once it has started up once it seems to be fine for the rest of the day switching on and off quickly but the next morning the issue is there again.

So far I've replaced the first power Input assembly, (the one where the power lead fits into... but no luck with that. Then I was watching it start up and I saw the power switch arc, So I've replaced the switch and still no joy.

Now I've removed the main power assembly to have a look over it and nothing is jumping out at me visually. So my next step is to replace this too unless someone here has come across this before and has any advice.

Thanks in advance

Rich

Re: Riso RP3700 struggling to start up

Ok so after some helpful advise from a facebook group, I may have isolated a faulty flyback switching regulator, serial number STR_G6153 on the power assembly. Their advice was to warm up the component with a hairdryer and test to see if the machine started when the component was hot.... and it did

I've ordered a few of these on the internet, they're only a few pounds each and I'll replace the component when it arrives and update the thread if it works.

Right now I'm off for a beer and will try not to get my hopes up!