Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

UPDATE/Further Help Needed: Riso FR3950: clamp error/code T13

Hey All!

I am currently in the process of purchasing the Riso FR3950 described in this post:

Riso FR3950: clamp error/code T13

The last bit of advice describes replacing the main board of the duplicator, which I think I may have found a replacement for. However, I am very new to the Riso community and before I purchase the board and make the 4.5 hour drive to fix and move the machine, I'd like to do my due diligence. I am hoping I can find a more experienced user who can confirm or disconfirm that the part listed is the one that I need.

RISOGRAPH FR 3950EP FLAT BED I2 PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD 019-96051-109 | eBay

Any help would be greatly appreciated, though I understand that this is probably a very difficult question to answer. I've been looking to purchase a duplicator for quit some time now so my fingers are crossed that I can make this work out.

Thanks for your help,
    Eric

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: UPDATE/Further Help Needed: Riso FR3950: clamp error/code T13

That board on eBay controls the scanner (FB- Flat Bed). The main board is when you take the big back cover off.

The FR3950 was released in Sept 2002 and Obsolete in 2008 so important parts are very very scarce...

I'd recommend at least looking for an RZ because at least it's build on the same platform used today EZ xx0, EZxx1, SF1, SF2. Better electronics and far less mechanical than all previous Riso's. An EZ would be even better because they fixed the few issues the RZ had.

Good Luck

Re: UPDATE/Further Help Needed: Riso FR3950: clamp error/code T13

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    That board on eBay controls the scanner (FB- Flat Bed). The main board is when you take the big back cover off.

The FR3950 was released in Sept 2002 and Obsolete in 2008 so important parts are very very scarce...

I'd recommend at least looking for an RZ because at least it's build on the same platform used today EZ xx0, EZxx1, SF1, SF2. Better electronics and far less mechanical than all previous Riso's. An EZ would be even better because they fixed the few issues the RZ had.

Good Luck
    Thanks for the help and information! Glad to know that the potential part won't be of use to me at this point. I'll continue to look for one of the models you suggested, especially knowing that they are much easier to repair/find parts for.

Best,
    Eric