Riso EZ220U, jam 04 (A08-410)

Hello Everybody!
    Can't figure it out what could be the problem - paper seems always stop under the drum with this jam code Jam 04. In log sheet appears code A08-410. Manual refers to late arrival of sheet to ejection sensor. And that is really what's going on. I cleaned sensor after pickup rollers and ejection sensor as well. Didn't help - still have issue. Paper path is clear - nothing there that could potentially catch sheet.
    Copy counter: 1 603 450. Client is making copies of tiny preprinted envelopes for flowers and vegetables seeds. Any input would be appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Sent from Ericsson DBH 1001.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: Riso EZ220U, jam 04 (A08-410)

Have you tested regular paper? These "tiny envelopes" may be missing the sensors by just that 1 millisecond that is needed or skewing enough to miss the sensor. Run them in test mode 87, I think it will run them without using the sensor checking for a jam. I used to see this every once in a while when churches would print tiny pew envelopes and they would skew after the drum and miss the sensor

If paper fails they you need FT, sep pad maybe a feed clutch

Hi there,

Wondering did you resolve this issue? I'm experiencing the exact same issue on an mz770e, I've also checked the sensors and installed a new clutch but with no success.

Quote Originally Posted by richsouth View Post
    Hi there,

Wondering did you resolve this issue? I'm experiencing the exact same issue on an mz770e, I've also checked the sensors and installed a new clutch but with no success.
    Hello!
    Nope we couldn't fix that machine unfortunately. I played a lot with pressure for pickup roller and adjustments for separation pad - seems like found some sort of solution - but every 50 copies they had jams every now and then. To me all those jams - is just a question of timings of how paper is travelling through path. And another big thing that doesn't help us - our customer is printing on small evelopes for seeds...
    Good luck to you!
    Sent from Ericsson DBH 1001.

Thanks for getting back to me,

Fortunately I managed to resolve this issue in the end, but I suspect out problem was different. I basically went over every part of the first feed mechanism, including replacing the clutch but no difference, then started to bit by bit test the second feed mech... It turned out the connector to the second feed motor and somehow disconnected at the front of the machine. Not sure how but there you go.