Technician

Paperfeed clutch on RP3700 removal

Following paper feed problems suddenly occurring where paper fed ok initially but jammed in second feed section. I tried checking out the paper feed clutch but after removing the eclip I could not get it past the sector gear arm which holds a spring on it. Photo attached for clearer description. I was able to spin the clutch freely by hand if that means anything. I do have a spare clutch from another machine which was working and this also spins freely. Am having difficult time in inserting eclip onto clutch shaft but before I waste anymore time I would like to know if I should remove sector gear and put in other clutch anyway.
    Before this paperfeed problem there was a loud knock, knock, knock coming from the metal roller which rides on the cam. The teeth in the sector gear was causing resistance to the arm. After cleaning this up everything worked fine for 10000 copies.Riso clutch.jpg

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: Paperfeed clutch on RP3700 removal

It's been a long time since I worked on a RP (thank you Lord) but if I remember right all you have to do is press the main motor drive button on the main board to get that cam arm to rotate out of the way to provide enough room to pull the clutch off.
    RP's were over engineered so good luck with ANY problem