Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Exclamation RZ 390 Picker Finger issue

Hey all,

I'm getting an issue with my prints on my RZ 390. I get a long vertical line down my prints, at exactly the same spot, every time I try to burn a new master. It seems like a picker finger issue, however I'm having trouble figuring out how to prevent this from happening. At first I was told to bend the tip of the finger down but that doesn't seem to do anything. It seems like the finger is pressing into the print and that is scratching the master? I'm not sure how pointing the finger down would improve things. I'm at a loss right now and any help would be appreciated as I'm on a deadline to meet.

Thanks!

Eric
    PXL_20201230_211843083.jpgPXL_20201230_211918697~2.jpg

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: RZ 390 Picker Finger issue

I can't tell from the pic but are you sure it's the finger scratching the master or is it dust in the optics causing the line? If these are print jobs then it's the finger.

If you can't bend the tip of the finger out of the way then you need to adjust it so it's not making contact with the drum surface. Only needs to be moved off the surface so it's not scratching the master. The service manual explains what needs to be done and what you are looking at. Not hard to do just not easily described in text

Good luck

Re: RZ 390 Picker Finger issue

To anyone who may come across this thread with a similar issue, the problem ended up being with the scanner/interior glass. I cleaned both, having already previously cleaned the exterior glass, and all my issues went away. Thanks for all the help! It was very frustrating trying to figure out, and after all the adjustments made to the separator finger with no resolution, it took a very clever and experienced technician to finally nail down the issue.