Technician

Riso EZ 230 the master comes out with this unique strip printed

When making the master only a central strip is burned in the master. It seems to me that it is not error of the TPH that are usually fine lines. The machine has been giving me error J08 of paper jam in pressure roller but it is not serious. This printed strip has me desperate.any solution?!
    Gracias

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Riso EZ 230 the master comes out with this unique strip printed

Re: Riso EZ 230 the master comes out with this unique strip printed

Quote Originally Posted by JCABRERA View Post
    When making the master only a central strip is burned in the master. It seems to me that it is not error of the TPH that are usually fine lines. The machine has been giving me error J08 of paper jam in pressure roller but it is not serious. This printed strip has me desperate.any solution?!
    Gracias
    examples would aid in the diag

how many pages printed?

what work has been done on it?

are you a tech?

do you have the manual?

Phil B. ' The Dentist '

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    examples would aid in the diag

how many pages printed?

what work has been done on it?

are you a tech?

do you have the manual?

Phil B. ' The Dentist '
    Thanks. It is a recent error when making the master happens that only burns a central strip. I repeat and always the same thing happens. I am sure that it is not the TPH I have manuals of the EZ 230 (B4) which is a very rare model.
    I attach an image of the problem. The machine has 90,000 copies and 350 masters, it has little use. It was fine but it started giving an error J08 409 (the paper stops on the roller before the cylinder) which has been solved ... more or less ... After the technician came and opened the back to fix the J08 we did a master and started giving this problem. The technician told me it was the TPH because the scanner light works, but I am not convinced. TPH doesn't break that way.

Attachment 47859Attachment 47859

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Your pic didn't attach

2nd master on the drum or a rolled back master???

Run the checkerboard pattern in Test Mode and it will rule out all scanning aspects.

Technician

001A9D81-DB9B-4899-A220-1D93912F4E81.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    Your pic didn't attach

2nd master on the drum or a rolled back master???

Run the checkerboard pattern in Test Mode and it will rule out all scanning aspects.

Technician

This is what I get when I do the checkerboard from the test mode. Could be something wrong in the connection between scanner and TPH. A friend told me about the potentiometer in the feed tray and the width from test mode 450 but these number aren’t in my EZ. Thanks I will be waiting for another tip
    ]001A9D81-DB9B-4899-A220-1D93912F4E81.jpg

I don't think the feed table paper sizes are used when running the checkerboard or any other test patterns. They just burn the full size image per the machine. The TPH has segments of elements that sometimes burn out in entire units. Been a long time since I've seen one do it but it's usually just 1 segment not multiple. Do you hear a loud pop as the TPH is burning the master? Could be a broken TPH gear but I doubt it. It probably is the TPH just crapped out. Reseat all master making connectors and board connectors and try again. But since it is so defined I'd lean TPH

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by 20gaugeO/U View Post
    I don't think the feed table paper sizes are used when running the checkerboard or any other test patterns. They just burn the full size image per the machine. The TPH has segments of elements that sometimes burn out in entire units. Been a long time since I've seen one do it but it's usually just 1 segment not multiple. Do you hear a loud pop as the TPH is burning the master? Could be a broken TPH gear but I doubt it. It probably is the TPH just crapped out. Reseat all master making connectors and board connectors and try again. But since it is so defined I'd lean TPH
    Thanks! I have 'touched' the values ​​on the potentiometer and the printed center band has been doubled in width (from 4 to 8 cm aprox). I can't get it back to normal size (21 or 25 cm in my B4 size) but it makes me think that TPH isn't.
    No sound in TPH when burning the master.

The only feed tray pots that I ever had to adjust were on RN's (or RP's maybe) back in the day new out of the box. Maybe there is a paperclip or staple shorting something in there. I've had the contacts get gummed up on ADF's for copiers but not on a modern day Riso feed table. There probably is a true calibration on the pot but I haven't done it
    Interested to know if it affects the TPH pattern size burning
    Good luck