Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Exclamation DD 3334 Misfeed Anomaly

Just over a month ago I went onsite and replaced the mag clutch for the feed rollers, the feed rollers and separation pad which fixed their misfeed issue. They called to say that they were having the issue again and after multiple test runs and hours of troubleshooting I noticed something strange.

When there is MORE THAN 3/4 of a ream, the machine will either A) Lift the paper and feed one sheet cleanly before dropping back down OR B) It will raise the tray up to the feed rollers and then come back down without attempting to feed paper. If I have 3/4 of a ream OR LESS it will feed with NO ISSUES (I made about 2 reams worth of copies this way).

***The flag that lifts up to the paper height sensors IS reaching the sensors regardless of how much paper is in the paper tray upon lifting.

I have reached out to Ricoh Xpress support and they have not heard of this and they have no idea what could be causing it. They said I could replace the control board but might be a waste.

Has anybody else seen this and, if so, know of what the cause is or what solution could be applied?
    Last edited by GarSmith14; 03-10-2021 at 03:43 PM. Reason: typo

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    DD 3334 Misfeed Anomaly

Re: DD 3334 Misfeed Anomaly

Quote Originally Posted by GarSmith14 View Post
    Just over a month ago I went onsite and replaced the mag clutch for the feed rollers, the feed rollers and separation pad which fixed their misfeed issue. They called to say that they were having the issue again and after multiple test runs and hours of troubleshooting I noticed something strange.

When there is MORE THAN 3/4 of a ream, the machine will either A) Lift the paper and feed one sheet cleanly before dropping back down OR B) It will raise the tray up to the feed rollers and then come back down without attempting to feed paper. If I have 3/4 of a ream OR LESS it will feed with NO ISSUES (I made about 2 reams worth of copies this way).

***The flag that lifts up to the paper height sensors IS reaching the sensors regardless of how much paper is in the paper tray upon lifting.

I have reached out to Ricoh Xpress support and they have not heard of this and they have no idea what could be causing it. They said I could replace the control board but might be a waste.

Has anybody else seen this and, if so, know of what the cause is or what solution could be applied?
    You can remove the panel at the lifting section of the paper tray and check if, once loaded to the maximum paper capacity, the whole mechanism moves freely, also check if the photosensors are fixed correctly.