Problem with a SC 7900

Hi!
    I'm facing an issue here with a SC7900:
    the POST beeps seem to point that the unit works (Beeeeep---be-be-beep, like in my other working SC7700), but then it stays with all three lights on and nothing happens... what could be wrong (if anything is)?
    Does anyone have the drivers for the SC7900 and SC7950?

Also, I'm trying to clone a SC7900 HD to a dead SC7700, so far with no luck, the disk is readable by my mac, but i can't make an image out of it. What OS/Software would you suggest to clone it?

Thanks for the help!

G

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Problem with a SC 7900

Re: Problem with a SC 7900

Quote Originally Posted by Peacepunk View Post
    Hi!
    I'm facing an issue here with a SC7900:
    the POST beeps seem to point that the unit works (Beeeeep---be-be-beep, like in my other working SC7700), but then it stays with all three lights on and nothing happens... what could be wrong (if anything is)?
    Does anyone have the drivers for the SC7900 and SC7950?

Also, I'm trying to clone a SC7900 HD to a dead SC7700, so far with no luck, the disk is readable by my mac, but i can't make an image out of it. What OS/Software would you suggest to clone it? Thanks for the help! G
    what OS are you using to print from?

do you have a service manual?

if NO please put in a request for one here -> https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/

a 10 sec search found this link to drivers for your riso Driver downloads for your Riso hardware including the Comcolor

you might need to hire a trained tech since you are an end user

Re: Problem with a SC 7900

I'm printing from a Macbook (high Sierra) which is so far the only system i managed to connect ot the SC7700 i am using with my GR3770.

I have a service manual for the sc7700, which is pretty useless (a lot of info is missing), and from what I understood the tech manual for the sc7900 is similar. I'll post a request anyway, thanks for the link!

A 10 Sec. search is unfortunately not enough for the drivers of older RIPs for the Risographs, believe me I have been searching a lot. RISO is not giving them to download anymore, i found once the SC7950 drivers in a forum and the sc7700 luckily came with a disk.

Yes, I am an end user, but I've been reading and studying about GR machines for a while (and repairing them by myself)... but they're old: If there were technicians still servicing them, I would ask them of course and be glad to use their services. But there aren't around here (Vienna). Thus the questions!