Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh DD 3334 duplicator master problems

Good day gentle people, i am not so good at duplicators. I have a customer with a ricoh DD 3334 duplicator with a master problem.

1 The customer had the drum out of the machine for 3 weeks. so the dry is dry and has no ink on it.
    2 When making the master it only clamps the leading edge and the trailing edge drops inside the machine creating a paper jam.

Question : can a dry drum cause the master not to attach properly ?
    Or is there something preventing the master making from attaching properly ?

Any suggestions

Regards

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh DD 3334 duplicator master problems

Quote Originally Posted by tibbs View Post
    Good day gentle people, i am not so good at duplicators. I have a customer with a ricoh DD 3334 duplicator with a master problem.

1 The customer had the drum out of the machine for 3 weeks. so the dry is dry and has no ink on it.
    2 When making the master it only clamps the leading edge and the trailing edge drops inside the machine creating a paper jam.

Any suggestions

Regards
    It is the ink on the cloth screen that holds the rest of the master in place. Once it dries, that no longer happens.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tibbs View Post

Any suggestions

Regards
    to solve the problem try to gently clean the surface of the basket with a cloth soaked in water and degreaser or by spraying directly on it avoiding the ends. Also, you also need to spin the drum to get the ink to blend inside.

Technician

Hopefully you have resolved your issue by now but if not, have you checked the press roller to make sure it's properly mounted? I've seen where the rear side of the press roller pops out of its retainer and no longer places enough pressure onto the drum causing the master not to stick.