Technician

Riso EZ 220U Pressure Solenoid

Hello.

I have a Riso EZ 220U that is jamming because the pressure roller solenoid wont release. I have checked all the timing and the position of the pressure arm on the drive of the machine and it all seems to be working correctly. The owner of this machine called to report that the machine had jammed and in the process of removing the jam discovered that the drum was stuck. I took the rear cover off and manually released the pressure roller solenoid, and was able to remove the drum/paper jam. But I still haven't been able to sort out the reason for the solenoid not working. The machine jams under the drum on every print because the pressure roller isn't being released. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Riso EZ 220U Pressure Solenoid

Have the manual? Go into test mode and run 886, pressure solenoid ON/OFF. If the solenoid does not actuate then either it's bad or a pinched/cut wire. If it actuates, then you got some other problem with pressure mechanism, possible the pressure lever shock absorber, I've seen them get worn and tacky, causing jamming.

Good luck.