Post Master Jam Error - Standard SD-350 (Ricoh JP1235)

Trying to solve a master jamming issue.

The drum rotates to the master load position, clamper opens, but the clamper does not push the tension roller far enough to allow the master to feed into the clamper. Masters are backing up behind the tension roller in a large loop, then the error occurs.

History: The machine was working normally, but had a torn piece of master paper stuck to the drum. Inexperienced user was unable to resolve the issue... I remove the drum, removed the master, and found the torn bit under the removed master. Removed the torn bit and reinstalled the drum. The machine worked perfectly for 1 master creation and print job.

Upon trying to make a new master, the machine made a large 'clunk' and errored E-00, with the drum was stopped at the master load position. Unable to locate a problem with the master paper, and unable to remove the drum due to it's position, I powered the unit off and on to reset the drum position. The error did not return so I hoped everything was okay. The next problem was the master jam error noted above.

I have seen the technical info on adjusting the drum position, but have not attempted as that seems like a last resort.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Re: Master Jam Error - Standard SD-350 (Ricoh JP1235)

Did you investigate where the "broken bit" came from?

Maybe that detail is more important than it seems. I recommend that you try to remove the Drum Unit and examine the inside.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

There were no broken pieces, just a torn piece of an old master.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Master Jam Error - Standard SD-350 (Ricoh JP1235)

Quote Originally Posted by drstegnerjr View Post
    There were no broken pieces, just a torn piece of an old master.
    take out the drum and look behind for bent levers, also where the big bracket goes up if there is any master attached to the magnet. Even inside the machine, look for jammed paper.

Finally got back to this machine after several weeks...

Found the bracket that pushes the clamper arm was bent. A quick trip to the bench to straighten the bracket and everything is working smoothly again.

Thanks.
    David

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Master Jam Error - Standard SD-350 (Ricoh JP1235)

Quote Originally Posted by drstegnerjr View Post
    Trying to solve a master jamming issue.

The drum rotates to the master load position, clamper opens, but the clamper does not push the tension roller far enough to allow the master to feed into the clamper. Masters are backing up behind the tension roller in a large loop, then the error occurs.

History: The machine was working normally, but had a torn piece of master paper stuck to the drum. Inexperienced user was unable to resolve the issue... I remove the drum, removed the master, and found the torn bit under the removed master. Removed the torn bit and reinstalled the drum. The machine worked perfectly for 1 master creation and print job.

Upon trying to make a new master, the machine made a large 'clunk' and errored E-00, with the drum was stopped at the master load position. Unable to locate a problem with the master paper, and unable to remove the drum due to it's position, I powered the unit off and on to reset the drum position. The error did not return so I hoped everything was okay. The next problem was the master jam error noted above.

I have seen the technical info on adjusting the drum position, but have not attempted as that seems like a last resort.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
    If I remember correctly, the mechanism for the clamper has nothing to do with feeding of the master. Everything involved in the feeding of masters in located in the master drawer. Are you sure you are using the correct master rolls and that the roll is installed correctly.