Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

FT5230 and adobe print file size

Looking for any advice that I can find. I have this ComColor FT-5230. Been in place for about 6-7 months. All they use it for is the billing it's for a city's electrical department they print the bills on this. When was first installed it run great by 80 pages per minute full color. In the last couple of months it has slowed to about half that. Upon troubleshooting I noticed that every time it would get the file it would process for a while and the flashship of warning saying the file size is really large, continue or cancel. They hit continue and continue on. Page count for one job can be anywhere from 2,000 to 6,000 pages. I noticed upon troubleshooting today The original file size is maybe 20 mb as it's spooling the job to the printer The final file size before it handed it over was 55 GB. I believe the file size is the initial problem but I honestly do not know how to correct that within Adobe or the print queue.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    FT5230 and adobe print file size

Re: FT5230 and adobe print file size

Quote Originally Posted by technic83 View Post
    Looking for any advice that I can find. I have this ComColor FT-5230. Been in place for about 6-7 months. All they use it for is the billing it's for a city's electrical department they print the bills on this. When was first installed it run great by 80 pages per minute full color. In the last couple of months it has slowed to about half that. Upon troubleshooting I noticed that every time it would get the file it would process for a while and the flashship of warning saying the file size is really large, continue or cancel. They hit continue and continue on. Page count for one job can be anywhere from 2,000 to 6,000 pages. I noticed upon troubleshooting today The original file size is maybe 20 mb as it's spooling the job to the printer The final file size before it handed it over was 55 GB. I believe the file size is the initial problem but I honestly do not know how to correct that within Adobe or the print queue.
    Do they output from their billing software to a PDF and then print the PDF? Why are they not sending the job straight from the billing system to the FT-5230?

If they absolutely have to print to a PDF and then print the PDF, I would say that either their OS, the billing software or Adobe has been updated. If the OS is Windows, make sure that the port has not been change to WSD. also checked the the spooling is still set for "Start Printing Immediate" and has not been changed to print after spooling. on the FT-5230 check what the buffer is set to and if not set to the maximum, then change it. Also have them do print preview with Adobe and then print from the preview screen. This will flatten the file and remove all unneeded code.

Technician

Re: FT5230 and adobe print file size

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Do they output from their billing software to a PDF and then print the PDF? Why are they not sending the job straight from the billing system to the FT-5230?

If they absolutely have to print to a PDF and then print the PDF, I would say that either their OS, the billing software or Adobe has been updated. If the OS is Windows, make sure that the port has not been change to WSD. also checked the the spooling is still set for "Start Printing Immediate" and has not been changed to print after spooling. on the FT-5230 check what the buffer is set to and if not set to the maximum, then change it. Also have them do print preview with Adobe and then print from the preview screen. This will flatten the file and remove all unneeded code.

They do have a program that runs and collects all the information, from that they save it to a PDF, then takes the file to another computer. That computer then opens the file in adobe and prints.

The only thing that is different, that i can see, is an upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11 since the install. But accorind to the person running the job, the speed didn't start to slow down to way after that. As for ports, double checked that it is not on a WSD port and is set to "start printing immediate". I did not check the buffer on the machine, I will next time I have to go over there. Also havn't tried the print preview first.

Thanks for advice I will definitely try these suggestions.