Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Cool RISO SF5130 error code A06-403, paper feed tray is at the upper/lower limit position

Hello! First time posting here. I'm an artist and I'm working with a RISO SF5130 EIIU which arrived at my studio a couple of weeks ago. It displayed the error code A06-403 on startup.

I'm sure this isn't where you all would go for error info, but what I found on Printers-Copiers Servicing Reference Manual reads:

Description: Paper feed tray is at the upper limit position or lower limit position.

Causes: Paper feed tray set switch is OFF. * Not detected while in the low power mode (24V OFF).

Remedy: Paper feed tray upper limit set switch: ON or • Paper feed tray lower limit set switch: ON.

We found in the technical manual that there is a RISO test mode for the upper paper feed tray set switch, but this model doesn't have that test mode. A friend suggested that we try the test mode for raising/lowering the feed elevator, which we ran and it threw the A06-403 error which made us think it could be a mechanical issue with the feed tray.

That's all I've got so far! Any ideas?

Josh

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Re: RISO SF5130 error code A06-403, paper feed tray is at the upper/lower limit posit

The machine has pull out handles on the feed and exit side of the machine. My guess would be whoever moved and/or picked up the machine didn't use them and either stuck either the upper or lower limit safety switch in the process.
    The upper is the large white plastic cover that encases the feed tray lower button above the feed tires.
    The lower is the thin sheet metal piece that runs the width of the feed tray UNDER the feed tray. When you toggle either one you should hear the click click of the switch.
    Key in on those to start