Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Re: Riso GR dried up drum

SHAMELESS PLUG!!!

I do have new GR color drums, never inked, for sale, $275.00 each plus shipping from California- Discounts for multiple units available...
    Still in sealed OEM packaging, with inking instructions.

ddigitaldude@hotmail.com
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

Quote Originally Posted by ddude View Post
    Easy to do- place the drum on the rails, remove any master that may be on the drum, so only the screen is exposed, then soak the screen with the solvent of your choice (everything from alcohol to diesel ), let the solvent-soaked rag sit on the drum for ten-twenty minutes, then insert drum and make a master-repeat as needed until the copies look awesome.
    Awesome answer, super helpful!

I had some additional questions that I wanted to ask, any response is greatly appreciated (I realize this is an old thread but its still very helpful)

I recently got my hands on Riso EZ221 u with one black drum. So far I have not found extra drums online but I am searching.
    because I have only one drum I figured I would just have to change the color of the drum for now.
    Cleaning of the screen should effectively do the same thing as just switching color drums right?
    I want to try and not blast through 600 pages and a master just to fade between the colors (spends a LOT of ink as well)

Also if anyone of you has extra drums for this model for sale, I am interested in picking up 1 - 3 drums 
    Thanks!

G

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ddude View Post
    Easy to do- place the drum on the rails, remove any master that may be on the drum, so only the screen is exposed, then soak the screen with the solvent of your choice (everything from alcohol to diesel ), let the solvent-soaked rag sit on the drum for ten-twenty minutes, then insert drum and make a master-repeat as needed until the copies look awesome.
    Thanks for this advice @ddude. One more question – do you let the drum dry after soaking with solvent before making masters? I'm just a little nervous about using diesel (i tried alcohol already) then running it through the machine.

Any insights are appreciated. Thanks!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sjuskadur View Post
    Awesome answer, super helpful!

I had some additional questions that I wanted to ask, any response is greatly appreciated (I realize this is an old thread but its still very helpful)

I recently got my hands on Riso EZ221 u with one black drum. So far I have not found extra drums online but I am searching.
    because I have only one drum I figured I would just have to change the color of the drum for now.
    Cleaning of the screen should effectively do the same thing as just switching color drums right?
    I want to try and not blast through 600 pages and a master just to fade between the colors (spends a LOT of ink as well)

Also if anyone of you has extra drums for this model for sale, I am interested in picking up 1 - 3 drums 
    Thanks!

G
    it's easier and a lot cheaper just to get another drum I know it's hard to find one but changing the color out is expensive and I don't know if that model supports having a color in the black drum rather than black.
    Last edited by RRodgers; 02-05-2017 at 07:20 PM.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.