Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Hello to all, I must admit that after praising myself about cleaning the Risograph drum RA4050, (see previous post above), I have now run into real difficulties with the machine. After putting in the DRUM, the initial E61code disappeared, then E04 came on, after switching on/off/on it also went. BUT now another error code has come on E03, it has refused to go away. The manual says that E03 means: "If the angular MAGNET is not detected by the angular sensor(0-180degree)after clamp rotates....".
    Where exactly is this magnet located? is it on the drum? Can't m/c do without it? I say this coz there's a small round piece of metal which fell off from end of the drum as i was cleaning. I lost it, can't locate it at all. Any help is welcome.

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar
    The magnet is on the back of the drum attached to the clamp on the drum. Its job is to tell the machine if the clamp on the drum is open or closed.

ps it is a very stong magnet and would have stuck to anything metal that was close to it. metal desk maybe???

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Thank you my brother joelsa for your help. I am 100% sure that I have lost that magnet. I cannot locate it at all, three days of search for it has yielded nothing. WHAT can I do now? Can I IMPROVISE, like trying to shape any piece of magnet and put in its place? No one seems to be having that piece around here, and as you know these are v. old machines. What else can really be done?
    Thank you in advance.

I have many of them!!!! PM me your address and I will send you one. It should fit in a plain envelope. In the mean time if you have any other RA or GR drums sitting around you can take it off one of them. It is the same magnet.

one other thing i am always thinking of more stuff after i post. do you still have the 5.5 mm screw that holds in the magnet?