Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Networking a Riso GR3750 to Mac

Hi there,

I'm a newbie to both this site and to Riso's in general.

I recently bought a Riso GR3750 from a commercial printers and am struggling to link the machine up to either a Mac or PC.

I have a GR3750 and a SC3000 with all the relevant cables to attach it to a Mac/PC. The cable that is running to the computer is a USB.

I have all of the drivers that the commercial printers used and they showed the Riso print a copy from their own PC's before dismantling, but as of yet I haven't managed to link the Riso up with either a PC or a Mac. The Riso and the computers just don't seem to recognize each other.

I've read every post I can to see a way to solve this, but I couldn't find a clear answer.

With the equipment I have will I be able to link the Riso to a Mac, or is PC the way forward with this?

Any help you can give me is appreciated.

Thanks

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

Re: Networking a Riso GR3750 to Mac

Did they give you the Risorinc software? I have connected a Riso (better still a Riso that old) to a pc (or a mac) in a long long time. I don't remmber ever doing it via usb either. Don't think I would want too as its probably only usb 1.1 and slow. Also, I believe you need the PS chip in it to print with the Mac. I take it you've been to riso's web site.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Technician

Re: Networking a Riso GR3750 to Mac

Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    Did they give you the Risorinc software? I have connected a Riso (better still a Riso that old) to a pc (or a mac) in a long long time. I don't remmber ever doing it via usb either. Don't think I would want too as its probably only usb 1.1 and slow. Also, I believe you need the PS chip in it to print with the Mac. I take it you've been to riso's web site.
    Hi RRodgers,

I've heard about the PS chip and did wonder whether that would be needed. I looked inside the SC3000 and there isn't currently one installed.

As for Riso's website, I've got the relevant drivers for Windows via the printer I bought it from. I haven't found anything on the Riso website as of yet that is of any help.

What would you say is the simplest and most effective way to connect the Riso to a PC (nevermind Mac's, off what you say I feel it's not worth pursuing)?

Thank you for responding.

N