Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riso RP 3500

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Riso RP 3500

Greeting Copy Techs,
    Ive been having a problem with this duplicator. Everytime I want to make a "Master" it shows a message saying "Master remains on print cylinder, pull out print cylinder & remove master" but There isnt a master on the cylinder. Any suggestions?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Riso RP 3500

Try holding down the "Reset" key while turning the machine on, and on this series Riso I think you hold the key down until the second beep. That will clear out most bad values in the machine's operating (not adjustment) memory. The bad values can be caused by lightning or nearby construction, or even the motors in your heating and cooling systems starting and stopping if your building isn't wired right, and they cause all manner of undesired machine operations. Do that only once.
    If that doesn't work, clean the sensor that detects the master on the drum. In the drum cavity look for a sensor either dead top center or about 45 degrees clockwise. Clean it with isopropyl alcohol on a soft cloth. Also, make sure that the black strip on the drum just right of the clamp doesn't have any master material on it.
    Hope that helps.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thank you for replying so quickly. I did hold down the RESET button and it beeped twice. The message that was on the screen cleared, I also cleaned the sensor but when I tried making the master it gave me the same Message. It didnt work.

I forgot to mention that a couple weeks ago I took off the screen to clean it off because the ink was all over the place so I cleaned it real good with soapy water. Could that be the problem? The screen doesnt have any ink on it, Someone told me I should "Prime" the screen. Is there a way to prime it or does someone know the steps to get it primed?? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by copylaser View Post
    Thank you for replying so quickly. I did hold down the RESET button and it beeped twice. The message that was on the screen cleared, I also cleaned the sensor but when I tried making the master it gave me the same Message. It didnt work.

I forgot to mention that a couple weeks ago I took off the screen to clean it off because the ink was all over the place so I cleaned it real good with soapy water. Could that be the problem? The screen doesnt have any ink on it, Someone told me I should "Prime" the screen. Is there a way to prime it or does someone know the steps to get it primed?? Thanks
    No ink on the screen? Sounds like you have caused bigger problems for yourself, but I guess you could try using the "Idling" button on the control panel while making a new master.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks for your reply. OK, so I managed to get ink on the screen. I think I found the problem, The master isnt being fed properly. The Master is not advancing onto the cylinder or clamp. Lower roller is turning but I can't get it to go through and clamp. Any ideas what the problem might be??

An error code would be helpful. We would have a better point of view to work with.

Is there anything in the path the master takes obstructing it? Years ago, the otherwise awesome GR series would sometimes have problems like that with THE UNREMOVED MASTER STRIPS OF DOOOOOM!!!!! Er, sorry about that. Still, if the roller is operating correctly and yet the master material isn't feeding properly you should check to see that nothing is blocking the path next. If you are careful you can push a piece of card stock through the master feed path to push out the offending material, just make sure to be careful or wrong things will happen.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thank you! ....Exactly!! haha that's what I did and the cardstock went through, the machine is now placing the master on the drum but now I have another problem....It seems that its not printing correctly. Parts of the master are without ink, I think the ink is not coming out the drum. I made a couple of copies and some parts of the master are still without ink.. Im not sure what it is. Im using "Riso SoyInk RP" help. Thanks

Probably the drum just needs to re-ink after you cleaned the screen. You might try putting a "Confidential" master (use the "confidential" key on the control panel) on the drum and running a ream of paper through at the slowest speed.
    As long as the drum was properly inked before and you only took the screen off, the drum should re-ink itself eventually.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hello, I tried the "confidential key" and it didnt work. I ran it at the slowest speed and ran a lot of sheets. The master isnt being inked. Could it be the screen? It wasnt inking before thats why I took that drum apart. Any suggestions? Thank you for helping out.