Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    CouponBookMan

gr3770 parts source

You may visit the eBay store of inter_sales. Here's a comment from them:

I sell a lot of Riso duplicators and I have parted out several GR3770 machines for spare parts. I would sell you the master making part called the thermal head for $250 delivered to your door! Let me know if you are interested. Have a great day! Lindsey

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    What are the problem(s) is it exhibiting?

CouponBookMan

Question gr3770 problem burning master

Well when I got the unit in, it had a sensor problem on the paper infeed side. I corrected that and it ran about 100 beautiful copies. Then the next time I tried to use it, it wouldn't burn a master. Later it began crinkling the master during the 'burn' cycle. I had a tech out and he cleaned the rollers, and did some testing. It will burn part of the test pattern on the outside edges of the sheet, but not in the center. If we hold up the weighted bar toward the outside of the burning unit, it seems to roll the master out more evenly, but still isn't burning the whole pattern.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Sounds like a Write Roller issue, without seeing the end product. It can, and will, become worn unevenly that will cause wrinkling of master material, uneven image, etc. The master material is fed between the write roller and the TPH - hopefully you do not have a warped TPH and/or a problem with the tension system for the TPH.

Make sure that the system that raises and lowers the TPH is not being obstructed by wiring, foreign objects, etc. And make sure that the two large springs are attached (top of upper master making unit, you will have to remove the cover [screws on the 4 corners of the cover]- remove two screws on the front and loosen the 2 on the top and the cover slides towards the exit area).

Artsmith
    Just got my first Riso. ($100 from a local church. Figured I couldn't go wrong.) It's a GR3750 with almost 2 mil prints on it, moves paper just great. It came with a black drum and a red drum. Both of them seem to turn out the same results: a print that looks kinda light or faded. Can anyone tell me if this is more likely an ink delivery issue or a master/burn issue, or something else completely? Thanks.
    Last edited by Artsmith; 02-18-2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Need more information

Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    Artsmith,
    Check the pressure roller to see if it has swollen on the ends.Most of the time it is that or there is a build up of ink on the roller.Unless it is over the whole page, then you may have a different problem.

Artsmith
    Hey, thanks for getting back with me so quickly.

The pressure roller looks pretty straight. I cleaned it up (it did have some buildup on it) but the print looks about the same. I printed one large gray rectangle on a different printer, then copied it on the Riso. The whole image looks the same from corner to corner: light print with white flecks through it. I'm not sure if that's just the grain of the paper or the fibrous stuff the master's made of.

So I'm still stuck. Is there a next likely possibility? Or, just as good, does anyone know of Riso techs in the Portland Oregon area? If I can get this sucker going, I'm going to use it alot, so finding a good tech would be cool, too. I called the company that originally sold it and they won't work on an "obsolete" GR.

Thanks again in advance.

Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    Well......i guess the best thing to do is find someone to look at it.The pressure could be off,the ink bead shaft could be broken,the squeegee roller gear may not be turning all the time.
    There are a multitude of things to go wrong at this point.So good luck in finding someone.If not,return here and we will help as best we can.

risoman

Thumbs up Poor printed image on GR3770

Hello
    I guess that the problem with your machine is a build up of dried ink on the micromesh screen around the drum.
    First remove the master film of the drum. Moisture the screen with some diluant solution using a cloth. Repeat this operation a few times, until the dried ink is removed. Then make a master and check the result.
    Probably this machine whas stored to long without running.

Enjoy

risoman
    Hello
    You have to check if the one-way clutch onder the driving gear of the write roller is still glued to the gear. If you can move the write roller in both directions, the problem is here.