Senior Tech 100+ Posts

GR3770 pressure/main motor problem. t11 error.

I'm getting a t11 error with my old gr3770. As soon as I turn it on the motor starts spinning the pressure adjustment screw until the print pressure adjustment gear is basically touching the spring, which is way too low. Resulting in a t11 error. Does that make sense? I've attached a video that will show what I am trying to explain...

I've tried holding reset while turning the machine on, no change... and local Riso techs also won't look at a machine this old. Would appreciate any help in getting this riso up and running again! Thanks and happy holidays.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: GR3770 pressure/main motor problem. t11 error.

Could be the sensor is done. Or the actuator for the sensor is out of position. The motor should stop at the proper position if the sensor is working.

Try test mode 53, pressure control sensor test to see if the sensor is working. It might just be dusty. PM if you need the sensor, I might have one.
    Good luck.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks!

After getting no detection test 53 I swapped the sensor in from another working GR that I have. That took care of that problem, so I know that sensor I had was broken...

Now I have another problem, the paper bunches up right before the guide/timing rollers... I pulled out the guide roller and can see that the one way spring on it has broken so the roller isn't turning properly.

Any chance anyone has a spare:

443-30003-003 Sensor; LG-203D (pressure control sensor)
    006-11305-109 *One-Way Spring (spring for the guide roller)

or even a whole guide roller unit?

Thanks and happy holidays!

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

The broken spring, that wouldn't be the one that prevents the guide roller from turning backwards (the spring that is closer to the actual roller than the drive gear)? I think it is, as I've never seen the spring on the gear break, but I could be wrong.
    But if I'm right, try to get the entire guide roller assembly, as the shaft that spring is mounted on is probably worn out. That is even more likely if the machine has produced around a million prints, back in the day the guide roller assembly was a PM part at that print count for me.

The spring you're talking about Iowa, is the load spring(s). 3770 has two. If you're looking for that one, good luck, I haven't been able to get one for two years.
    The spring on the gear, that I have seen get stretched but not broken. I'll keep looking for those parts, no joy yet.

Exclamation GR3750 pressure/main motor problem. t11 error.

Hello,
    I have a similar although different problem on my GR3750. Error T11. Here is a video. As far as my machine is concerned, nothing moves...
    Can you help me?
    Do you think I need to change any of the parts?
    Thanks a lot

This is the link for the video from my google photo : https://photos.app.goo.gl/P6diGmXpMuYS2mrD8
    Last edited by Aim-air; 06-10-2022 at 12:19 PM. Reason: i have an error t11

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

The gear/screw has stripped itself out. You'll notice in the other video the combo is about 3 times the size, that was a modified part for when the smaller model stripped out. If you can find the small screw and gear it isn't hard to replace... good luck finding one thought. Those machines were released in 1995