Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    racheldavey6

Paper Feed Problems (Risograph GR3750)

Hi,

I'm having a few problems with my Risograph. The paper gets stuck halfway through entering the machine and then the Paper Jam error comes up. It does this about every other time - which isn't ideal. We've cleaned the rollers and checked their condition. Having read previous threads relating to similar matters, some people have suggested the stripper pad might need replacing. Is this the case? And if so where is this located in the machine? In addition, and I'm not sure if this falls into the same category it will often take multiple sheets of paper at once into the machine.

Another thread suggests that the timing of the machine might be out. The printing area has been half off the page at times - is this related to it? We've opened up the back of the machine and looked at the two disks. Unfortunately I don't have the full tech manual so I'm not sure if they're in the correct position or not. I've attached a photo of the disks - could anyone please indicate whether they're in the correct position and if not how to alter them?

photo-8.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions on what might be stopping the paper feeding properly into our machine then that would be really great.

Thanks.

Rachel

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Paper Feed Problems (Risograph GR3750)

Your riso is out of time, on the disk on the right there is a little notch that should line up with the middle or bottom of that black sensor that the disk spins through. That funny hole on the right side should also align with a hole in the gear behind it.

To get it back in time you have to loosen the paper feed clutch and turn that disk & gear back to the right position with out changing the position of the belt or main drive gear... pm me and I can send that part of the service manual.

racheldavey6

Hi gillje,

This would be great, I've sent you a pm.

thanks

Rachel

anna_pap

Quote Originally Posted by racheldavey6 View Post
    Hi,

I'm having a few problems with my Risograph. The paper gets stuck halfway through entering the machine and then the Paper Jam error comes up. It does this about every other time - which isn't ideal. We've cleaned the rollers and checked their condition. Having read previous threads relating to similar matters, some people have suggested the stripper pad might need replacing. Is this the case? And if so where is this located in the machine? In addition, and I'm not sure if this falls into the same category it will often take multiple sheets of paper at once into the machine.

Another thread suggests that the timing of the machine might be out. The printing area has been half off the page at times - is this related to it? We've opened up the back of the machine and looked at the two disks. Unfortunately I don't have the full tech manual so I'm not sure if they're in the correct position or not. I've attached a photo of the disks - could anyone please indicate whether they're in the correct position and if not how to alter them?

photo-8.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions on what might be stopping the paper feeding properly into our machine then that would be really great.

Thanks.

Rachel

Hello there,

I have exactly the same model (even identical marks) and same problem and was wondering how did you solve it. Was the problem on the P disc or something else?

I tried to align the notch to sensor as indicated in the manual several times but after running one copy it lost its place again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I attach a picture below

image_1.jpg

Thank you

Best Regards,
    Anna
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anna_pap View Post
    Hello there,

I have exactly the same model (even identical marks) and same problem and was wondering how did you solve it. Was the problem on the P disc or something else?

I tried to align the notch to sensor as indicated in the manual several times but after running one copy it lost its place again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I attach a picture below

image_1.jpg

Thank you

Best Regards,
    Anna
    Chances are good that the cams behind the P disk are just not in the right position.
    The manual you have should tell you what to do next. The adjustment takes a bit of patience and experimentation, but it isn't that hard. Just be careful, there are some pretty strong springs and sharp edges in that area.
    Good luck!

schapow

Hi,

Bringing this thread back up because I am having the same issue with my GR 2710. Is the technical manual still available? I believe even the 3750 manual will be helpful.

Thanks!
    Stephanie

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by schapow View Post
    Hi,

Bringing this thread back up because I am having the same issue with my GR 2710. Is the technical manual still available? I believe even the 3750 manual will be helpful.

Thanks!
    Stephanie
    Greetings,

You should be able to find the GR-RA Tech Manual here as a free PDF from Riso: Search

Under Product Series dropdown select 'GR' and Document type 'manual'. I believe it includes adjustments for both the GR3750 and 2750. Hope this helps!

Hi there,
    im having the exact same issues with my MZ770
    could anyone help with this?
    Thanks!
    Liv