Technician

rp3700 t01-521/ drum won't release

just when i thought things were starting to run well, I was hit with this one last night. It pops up whenever I try to do basically anything, I hit reset and it goes away and then pops up again when i try to do anything with the drum (print, make master, eject). My biggest concern at the moment is that I can't even eject the drum without getting the error. I was going to try and eject the drum manually from the test mode, but when I go to test mode 552 to get the drum into position-b to release it I'm again greeted with the error. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by reignbear; 07-23-2014 at 06:41 AM.

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Re: rp3700 t01-521/ drum won't release

Sounds like the machine is slightly out-of-time. Difficult for a non-tech to fix.
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

Technician

I think i found the culprit and hopefully the unit doesn't need to be re-timed. The machine was previously neglected for quite a while before i got it and it was covered in all kinds of dust and glitter (no joke!). a few weeks ago i was having some issues and decided to try and dust out a lot of the machine including the position-b sensor, at the time i noticed a piece of black electrical tape on the position-b detection plate that was coming loose, so i pushed it back down and finished cleaning the machine. tonight i wondered if that was possibly related to the problem here and removed the position-b sensor and the detection plate wasn't there... so i peeked behind the power supply with a flashlight and i could see that the detection plate was just to the left of the sensor and the tape was really falling off (it's been hot and muggy here) so I used the tip of an x-acto to reach in there and re-secure the tape. hooked everything back up and powered the machine on, my error was gone and I was able to remove the drum. my question now is what is the purpose of the tape on the position-b detection plate? should i remove it or replace it?

tldr: there was a loose piece of electrical tape on my position-b detection plate. why is it there and should i replace it or just remove it?

here's a photo for good measure.

pos-b plate.jpg

There shouldn't be any tape on the plate. My guess is the plate was either replaced and not the correct plate or the sensor is going bad and needs replaced.
    Good luck.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

T01-521:The position-A sensor does not go ON/OFF while the main motor is operating

Press Reset Key and restart machine

Technician

Thanks for the reply, once I got the tape situation on the position-b detection plate sorted out the errors went away.

Quote Originally Posted by reignbear View Post
    I think i found the culprit and hopefully the unit doesn't need to be re-timed. The machine was previously neglected for quite a while before i got it and it was covered in all kinds of dust and glitter (no joke!). a few weeks ago i was having some issues and decided to try and dust out a lot of the machine including the position-b sensor, at the time i noticed a piece of black electrical tape on the position-b detection plate that was coming loose, so i pushed it back down and finished cleaning the machine. tonight i wondered if that was possibly related to the problem here and removed the position-b sensor and the detection plate wasn't there... so i peeked behind the power supply with a flashlight and i could see that the detection plate was just to the left of the sensor and the tape was really falling off (it's been hot and muggy here) so I used the tip of an x-acto to reach in there and re-secure the tape. hooked everything back up and powered the machine on, my error was gone and I was able to remove the drum. my question now is what is the purpose of the tape on the position-b detection plate? should i remove it or replace it?

tldr: there was a loose piece of electrical tape on my position-b detection plate. why is it there and should i replace it or just remove it?

here's a photo for good measure.

pos-b plate.jpg
    Where is the sensor, can someone help me?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

The sensor was removed in this picture