Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RICOH WIZARD/WSD HATER 50+ Posts

Thumbs down losing Job because of Covid mandates?

I'm curious if any members here's career is at stake because of the executive orders or mandates? I'm in Montana, so its gonna be a turd sandwich if the DOL comes down on employers with over 100 employees. Its illegal to require vaccination status for employment in Montana. So, who the heck knows how this is all gonna turn out.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    losing Job because of Covid mandates?

Re: losing Job because of Covid mandates?

Just happy I'm self-employed!!! God Bless America! The radicals are torching this country!

I'm wondering if it'd be worth it to get my business license and see if my current employer would be willing to "sub-contract" to me?.... Idk.. I just hate how politicized covid has become.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I just won a deal for four A3 copiers at a Nursing Home because the long time dealer refused to get vaccinated. I was not even lowest price.

The buyer's priorities were:

1. Double vaccinated service provider
    2. Large 10.1" LCD panels to make the job as easy as possible for over-worked staff.
    3. Price

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I just won a deal for four A3 copiers at a Nursing Home because the long time dealer refused to get vaccinated. I was not even lowest price.

2. Large 10.1" LCD panels to make the job as easy as possible for over-worked staff.
    3. Price
    Sweet, we also have almost none covidiots in our company, probably 9,5/10 people are 2x vaccinated

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Actually found this video in the industry news thread, if you have never seen Andy Slawetsky do industry interviews and the Industry Analysts site I recommend checking them out, great info from the office equipment channel. I found the info regarding government contracts starting in December very interesting. Its later in the video but must see if you have federal contracts. Covid and the vaccine are facts of life whether you like it or not. Grow up and deal with it or be left behind.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Sweet, we also have almost none covidiots in our company, probably 9,5/10 people are 2x vaccinated
    Wish I can say the same, rumored numbers are closer to 60% but almost all our techs are 2x vaccinated. Although even in CA we're easing off, only government contracts are requiring proof of vaccination of any delivery drivers or techs that enter, and only schools and medical are requiring masks in my territory

I lost my job, not because of the mandates, but the drop in service calls due to COVID. I worked a 1.5 man territory and begged for help for a year. I ended up with COVID and was hospitalized for a week. I had a very long recovery of 12 weeks due to lung damage. During that time, the company hired a guy as a second technician. I came back to work and we both were very busy for about a month. Then, the calls stopped coming in. Customers were working from home. I was doing only 3 calls a WEEK and catching up on training in between. After two months of that, the company decided to let me go but kept the new guy. I am actually slightly relieved because I am still having breathing problems a year after my hospitalization. So, COVID killed my job.

RICOH WIZARD/WSD HATER 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Copier Whisperer View Post
    I lost my job, not because of the mandates, but the drop in service calls due to COVID. I worked a 1.5 man territory and begged for help for a year. I ended up with COVID and was hospitalized for a week. I had a very long recovery of 12 weeks due to lung damage. During that time, the company hired a guy as a second technician. I came back to work and we both were very busy for about a month. Then, the calls stopped coming in. Customers were working from home. I was doing only 3 calls a WEEK and catching up on training in between. After two months of that, the company decided to let me go but kept the new guy. I am actually slightly relieved because I am still having breathing problems a year after my hospitalization. So, COVID killed my job.
    Dang, I'm sorry to hear that man. But it sounds like it had a few positives to the change. I hope you get the upper hand against your breathing issues. The Company I work for slowed down SLIGHTLY during the first wave.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post

3. Price
    Get ready to be triple and quadriple vacciminated to keep up with Pfizer salesman mandates.
    I can respect such request out of nursing home though but again, if you think that it will be "Double vacciminated" and that's it, they will leave you alone - don't hold your breath. Remember "just two weeks to stop the spread"? then till heard immunity is reached, which was 55% of vaccinated+naturally immune, and then goal post was moved +5 / +10 like every few weeks, and as it was kept being reached definition of "heard immunity" was suddenly changed - "+naturally immune" was purged so goalpost can never be reached...
    Again, I could respect and find such request sense making form Nursing Home, hope contract says that "double vacciminated" and thats it and can not be altered in to triple or quadriple, otherwise good luck.