Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Need technical support for a Konica Minolta C452 copier - Ohio

I'm not sure this is the right forum for this, but I couldn't find any other place so here it is.

We have a Bizhub C452 that has issues folding and stapling (booklets) and would like to hire someone to fix it (Zip code 44864).

Thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Need technical support for a Konica Minolta C452 copier - Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by sgpm View Post
    I'm not sure this is the right forum for this, but I couldn't find any other place so here it is.

We have a Bizhub C452 that has issues folding and stapling (booklets) and would like to hire someone to fix it (Zip code 44864).

Thanks
    Konica Minolta Locator

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoochPage View Post
    I doubt you will find an authorized dealer or Kon/Min branch office that will work on an end of life model. That model went into "end of life" status in 2019. And if they do send a tech out it will be to start the process of selling you a new machine. Find an independent company to service copier.
    As for the finisher, you would probably be better off buying a good used FS527 finisher. If you could find one it shouldn't cost much. Or maybe look just for the SD-509 saddle stitch unit and swap out.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I doubt you will find an authorized dealer or Kon/Min branch office that will work on an end of life model. That model went into "end of life" status in 2019. And if they do send a tech out it will be to start the process of selling you a new machine. Find an independent company to service copier.
    As for the finisher, you would probably be better off buying a good used FS527 finisher. If you could find one it shouldn't cost much. Or maybe look just for the SD-509 saddle stitch unit and swap out.
    Depends on the authorized dealer, I work for one and we will look at the machine and try to fix it. Of course we will get sales involved but if the customer wants to get it fixed and willing to pay we will fix it.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoochPage View Post
    Depends on the authorized dealer, I work for one and we will look at the machine and try to fix it. Of course we will get sales involved but if the customer wants to get it fixed and willing to pay we will fix it.
    The issue will be if you can get parts for end of life model to fix it. The authorized dealers I work with will not attempt to repair. 99% of the time it will bite you in the ass! You know the old saying "don't open a can of worms"

Technician

Thank you all for responding. We already contacted the local dealers and they refused or were unable to help, which is why I came here.

The thought of replacing the finisher crossed my mind, too. We might do that if we find a good deal, but paying a techinician to come and fix it is preferable.

Btw, the problem we are having is exactly the same as this post. I checked the belt and is pretty tight so the solenoid mentioned might be the cause. Unfortunately I don't know where it is or what it looks like to verify that it is not broken or worned out... anyway.

Thanks again,
    Gregory