Unhappy Brother MFC-9840cdw error message 2A

I am having terrible difficulty with Brother printer all in one. I can clear message by turning off for a while and can then print a sheet or two. The machine has been cleaned with compressed air. Belt unit has been wiped. Toner waste unit has been replaced. I hear a clicking as if it is trying to load a page but then stops and 2A error pops back up. Please help.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Brother MFC-9840cdw error message 2A

Re: Brother MFC-9840cdw error message 2A

You have posted to the wrong forum. If you wish your problem to be seen by more than a couple of Brother techs you need to post here https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/brother/

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Brother MFC-9840cdw error message 2A

Quote Originally Posted by MissRoughRiver View Post
    I am having terrible difficulty with Brother printer all in one. I can clear message by turning off for a while and can then print a sheet or two. The machine has been cleaned with compressed air. Belt unit has been wiped. Toner waste unit has been replaced. I hear a clicking as if it is trying to load a page but then stops and 2A error pops back up. Please help.
    Slim is correct.. you have posted in the wrong forum....

also a quick search on the Net brought up a bunch of youtube videos plus there are other help sites.. I would look in my brother manuals but my lapper with them on it crashed.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Error code 2A
    Belt cleaner release sensor failure

Step Cause Remedy
    1 Rotation defective of releaseshaft A of waste toner box.Replace the waste toner box.
    2 Harness connection failurebetween belt cleaner releasesensor PCB and belt cleanerrelease solenoid.Check the harness connection between the beltcleaner release sensor PCB and belt cleanerrelease solenoid and reconnect them.
    3 Belt cleaner release sensoractuator performancedefectiveReplace the belt cleaner release ASSY.
    4 Belt cleaner release sensorPCB failureCheck the sensor performance following theprocedure described in ́Maintenance mode 32î. Ifany problem occurs, replace the belt cleanerrelease sensor PCB ASSY.
    5 Belt cleaner release solenoidfailureReplace the belt cleaner release ASSY.6 Engine PCB failure Replace the engine PCB ASSY.

If I have to make a guess, that would be: LR0523001 Belt Cleaner Release Assembly
    PR may carry them:
    Brother MFC-9840CDW Belt Cleaner Release Assembly, Genuine (M7246)

Just blowing inside printer and replacing consumables isn't really troubleshooting, are you a tech?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Normally a sticking solenoid that opens the eye for the sensor that looks at the transfer belt
    Burried under the cover below the fuser just to the right and rear of the small circuit board.
    Common problem
    Also you may have blown toner onto this sensor when using compressed air.
    Never do this as you are just blowing the toner into somewhere it should not be.

Thank you for the helpful comments. No, not a tech at all. Just trying to fix my printer so I can keep working on stuff. I have a yellow toner that keeps DUMPING toner onto the unit belt. Cleaned all that off so probably did blow toner on to the sensor. What a BLONDE mistake. Appreciate your helpful insight. I live an hour and a half from any place I can find to service this machine and don't have time to leave it so yes, trying to fix myself. It's been such a good machine. I will be replacing soon. Anyone know what Brother makes that will be their newest comparable model I should pick? Thanks again!