Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    # to test send & receive fax function

Re: # to test send & receive fax function

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    But you also included a quote of what he had posted. I responded to that quote. When are you going to start thinking for yourself?
    Again, you are dancing around his quote; why use your office staff to send/ receive test faxes, and interrupt their office duties when there are programs like HP's, and others that would not distract from their duties?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Wonder how difficult it would be to set up a fax server to do this in house.

Then again fax is dead.
    Whatever

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Again, you are dancing around his quote; why use your office staff to send/ receive test faxes, and interrupt their office duties when there are programs like HP's, and others that would not distract from their duties?
    I will try to put it in a way that even you can understand. It is what the owner of the dealership I worked for told us to do.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

As I mentioned have slim on ignore list but see how he cannot let anything go. This must be one sick dude to just keep going on. Is this what retirement does to you! Or more likely low self esteem to keep the fight going. Wow! My prayers go out to him.

I will try to put it in a way that even you can understand. It is what the owner of the dealership I worked for told us to do.
    Than why didn't you just say so?
    I will not even respond ,other than this, to your slam on my intelligence.
    This is why I gave you a disapproval Red card.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I'm sure most know about this but here is a number from HP that you can send a fax to and they well send back within 5 mins. Great "tool" when in a customers office and want to test fax function on copier or fax machine. (see attached)

If you are wondering why I've been posting these helpful tips there are a few reasons, one is to show how a "technician" forum is suppose to work to help fellow techs and the other reason is because it's tough being ordered to stay in the house because of corona law in my state. Gives me something contructive to do. Feels much better to do something good for others than all the nonsense I participated in recently. I'm man enough to admit I was wrong to have fell into that mess.

Good thing is it made me realize there could be a better website and why it's in the works. Hopefully it will come together and can get all the "serious techs" here to check it out. I can assure you of a few things, NO POLITICS, it will be Passworded, Moderated, and it will be FREE! Oh yeah most importantly the admin will reply quickly if the Mods can't handle a problem.

TBH, i just use my mobile phone, send a fax to my phone, then cut it off when it answers, then phone it back and hang up when the fax answers
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Retired 10,000+ Posts

The slam on your intelligence was your inability to understand "You must be your own boss" from my first answer to you in this thread.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Good move Zoo. Time to move on. This thread is dead and my last post as well! LOL slim will continue to post even if he is only one reading it....or one of his other alter ego names he uses on this forum. Go ahead and reply but too bad I won't see it. Can you imagine having several names here giving rep cards to each name. That is sad! Can only feel sorry for "them".

By the way thanks for the red card. Love it! Please keep them coming until 0. I could care less about reputation here. Like I've posted the "real" techs here know what they get when I answer their question.
    Original post may be old news but apparently a few people liked it and will help some. The real OLD news here is politics and STUPID answers to tech questions that helps NO ONE!

The slam on your intelligence was your inability to understand "You must be your own boss" from my first answer to you in this thread.
    Please, enlighten me what your difenition of "you must be your own boss" is. My difenition is: I report to no one, except the all mighty, and my wife of 48 years.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Please, enlighten me what your difenition of "you must be your own boss" is. My difenition is: I report to no one, except the all mighty, and my wife of 48 years.
    Like I said, you lacked the intelligence to understand. Most of the techs here have employer who set such policies for the employees. Now can you understand that?