Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    # to test send & receive fax function

I'm sure most know about this but here is a number from HP that you can send a fax to and they well send back within 5 mins. Great "tool" when in a customers office and want to test fax function on copier or fax machine. (see attached)

If you are wondering why I've been posting these helpful tips there are a few reasons, one is to show how a "technician" forum is suppose to work to help fellow techs and the other reason is because it's tough being ordered to stay in the house because of corona law in my state. Gives me something contructive to do. Feels much better to do something good for others than all the nonsense I participated in recently. I'm man enough to admit I was wrong to have fell into that mess.

Good thing is it made me realize there could be a better website and why it's in the works. Hopefully it will come together and can get all the "serious techs" here to check it out. I can assure you of a few things, NO POLITICS, it will be Passworded, Moderated, and it will be FREE! Oh yeah most importantly the admin will reply quickly if the Mods can't handle a problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by copyman; 03-22-2020 at 04:19 AM.

certified scrub 500+ Posts

Re: # to test send & receive fax function

except that line isnt working half of the time.

JUST LIKE ALL HPs
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    except that line isnt working half of the time.

JUST LIKE ALL HPs
    I hear you. Being HP surprised they don't charge you for this service. haha

I must have been lucky. Probably used it at least 10 times and always worked unless there was a problem with unit I was working on. It's worth a try before bothering the girls back in my office to test. LOL than I have to hear "the wonder why I can't nothing done"

Probably some other fax test #'s out there but I've never looked into it, especially with faxing becoming a thing of the past.

certified scrub 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I hear you. Being HP surprised they don't charge you for this service. haha

I must have been lucky. Probably used it at least 10 times and always worked unless there was a problem with unit I was working on. It's worth a try before bothering the girls back in my office to test. LOL than I have to hear "the wonder why I can't nothing done"

Probably some other fax test #'s out there but I've never looked into it, especially with faxing becoming a thing of the past.
    I have had it working before, WHEN it works its nice. Not just saying these because I loathe HP's none existent QA. The last three weeks, every single visit resulted in a warranty claim. POS machines. I thought HP/Samsux E7#### and pagewide were the only unreliable garbage, its the same with their E60#55 laserjet too...

crikey, you know the failure rate on their all in one toner cartridge? 37A or the Managed version? THERE SHOULDNT BE A FAILURE RATE. Its like they are doing this for the first time. and they want a piece of the pie? HP of all ppl should know that if they burn the customer once, and dealers!! there's no return business. Their new laserjet i give 0/5.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    I have had it working before, WHEN it works its nice. Not just saying these because I loathe HP's none existent QA. The last three weeks, every single visit resulted in a warranty claim. POS machines. I thought HP/Samsux E7#### and pagewide were the only unreliable garbage, its the same with their E60#55 laserjet too...

crikey, you know the failure rate on their all in one toner cartridge? 37A or the Managed version? THERE SHOULDNT BE A FAILURE RATE. Its like they are doing this for the first time. and they want a piece of the pie? HP of all ppl should know that if they burn the customer once, and dealers!! there's no return business. Their new laserjet i give 0/5.
    Agree 100%.

I would sell my customer a refurbished HP 4250 before a new piece of junk. HP went down hill when they came out with 600 series and the "P" series. I've come to realize the "P" means "P"IECE OF SHIT !!!!

They don't have one good machine in their line!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

The dealer I worked for had their own fax. Why would I need to use a third party such as HP?

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The dealer I worked for had their own fax. Why would I need to use a third party such as HP?
    You must have copyman on ignor; "...It's worth a try before bothering the girls back in my office to test. LOL than I have to hear "the wonder why I can't nothing done" from an earlier post.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    "...It's worth a try before bothering the girls back in my office to test. LOL than I have to hear "the wonder why I can't nothing done" from an earlier post.
    You must be your own boss. The test send was also the service report submission as required by my boss. You must also enjoy letting HP have the fax numbers of your customers.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

You must have copyman on ignor; "...It's worth a try before bothering the girls back in my office to test. LOL than I have to hear "the wonder why I can't nothing done" from an earlier post.
    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You must be your own boss. The test send was also the service report submission as required by my boss. You must also enjoy letting HP have the fax numbers of your customers.
    Deflection or misdirection? I only mentioned that you must have copyman on ignor.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Deflection or misdirection? I only mentioned that you must have copyman on ignor.
    But you also included a quote of what he had posted. I responded to that quote. When are you going to start thinking for yourself?