Technician

How to troubleshoot Epson Workforce WF-3640 Error Code 0xe5?

Epson Workforce WF-3640 Printer is very popular for the best printing services among the users. It has many unique features such as high speed print, Epson WF-7120 Review copying, scanning, printing and auto double sided print. By seeing all these features, I have decided to choose this printer for my printing needs. When I give a suitable command to my Epson Workforce WF-3640 printer, I am experiencing Epson Workforce WF-3640 Error Code 0xe5. It occurs unexpectedly, while printing job. I have gone into its actual roots to find out the main reasons of this issue. So anyone can suggest the smart ways to fix this error code.
    Last edited by catherinemarms; 03-05-2022 at 03:47 PM. Reason: spell mistake

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: How to troubleshoot Epson Workforce WF-3640 Error Code 0xe5?

How old is the 3640 and how long have the cartridges been in the machine? Is it a heavy use or light use machine? Have you done any internet searches?

From what I have learned reading a couple of search results is that this is a very common error and has been around for a few years. It is related to the cartridge caddy being jammed, cleaning station problems or dirty cartridge contacts. There are a number of YouTube videos plus some other help sites. Here are a couple.

Epson Printer Error 0Xe5 / Fix Epson Printers 0xe Errors In Just A Couple Of Steps

Just a moment...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Usually dropping the Epson from a 10 story building will fix the issue. You get what you pay for.

The Epson Workforce WF-3640 Error Code 0xe5 usually indicates a hardware issue with the printer. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the error:

1. Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power source.
    2. Wait for a few minutes before plugging it back in and turning it on.
    3. Check if the error has cleared. If not, move to the next step.
    4. Open the printer cover and check if there is any paper or debris stuck inside.
    5. If you find any debris, remove it carefully.
    6. Check the ink cartridges and make sure they are seated properly.
    7. If you see any empty cartridges, replace them with new ones.
    8. If the error still persists, you can try performing a hard reset of the printer.
    9. To perform a hard reset, turn off the printer and unplug it from the power source.
    10. Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds.
    11. Plug the printer back in and turn it on.
    12. Check if the error has cleared.

If none of these steps work, you may need to contact Epson customer support for further assistance or take the printer to a certified service center for repairs.